• Show
Clear All

• Lower Galveston Bay - 8/8/2009

Wind: 10-15 knt SSE (gusts to 15 knt)
    Tide: Moderate incoming
    Water Clarity: 1 ft
    Water Temp: 85+ deg F
    Water Depth: 4-5 ft

Went back to the Texas City Dike area to see if we could score a repeat of the double limits we strung in July. Well.... we did it again... another double MAABL.

Launched from Dollar in the dark and eased over to our spot. With the incoming tide, we waded up shallow with ss jrs. The bait was there but there wasn't a slick in sight.

I caught a glimpse of JQ bowed up on a fish in the first light glow, but it turned out to be a smack (released). He switched over to live bait after about an hour and I did too. He was rewarded with 4 solid trout over 20" while I couldn't buy a strike.

After a few more hours of wading through tons of bait, we finally made the decision to wade out to a little deeper water... that was the ticket. From 10:30a til 12:30 we landed 16 more keepers and a bonus flounder. What's even better is that the topwater bite picked back up around noon... you can't beat a chrome topwater in the bright sunshine... thanks for the tip AP.

Anyway, not sure if it was the full moon that triggered the mid-day bite, but I definitely learned my lesson. When the conditions are right... tons of bait, tidal movement, water clarity... sometimes it pays to be patient.

Will post pics sometime tomorrow....

Nice job ya'll! My best bite was between 10 and 11 yesterday, blame it on the full moon.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

That is strange. They turned off at 10 on me yesterday.

Comment

Very nice...like FP10 I saw a turnoff around 10:30
        sigpic

Comment

Here's the pic... biggest trout was a hair over 24"
          Attached Files

Comment

very nice stringer.congrats
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

That is a nice stringer. Way to be patient.
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice!!!!!

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......
                "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Sweet!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good catch guys!
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Awesome! Have not fished Dollar point in years. Might have to hit it again. You know always so many places and never enough time. As Napoleon once told all his generals before a big battle "Gentlemen I will give you anything you need but I can give you no more time" Or something like that.
                      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X