New Flounder boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Flounder boat

I never had a child I could call my own but I guess this is about as close as I will ever get.

Am now the pround papa of this rig

First off, thanks to Rick at Krestas' Marine who made this the best major purchase I have ever experienced. He went out of his way to answer all questions and make last minute request to the build specs. The workmanship is outstanding with customer service second to none.

On to this boat;

Its a Alweld 1870/SSMB with a tunnel and sponsoons/pods. Outboard is a Yamaha 60hp 4-stroke hi-thrust, Fan motor is a Honda 13hp with a 3 blade composite prop turning a GM alternator pushing 100 amps into a selected battery. There are 2 batterys, battery switch and a minkota 2-bank charger.
    For lighting the there are 6 - 100 wt 12v lightbulbs pulling a total of 50 amps of a selectected battery. The illumination and penatration is better than I expected. Interior lighting is provided by 6 seperate LED lights. There are 2 driving/spot lights that realy punch a nice hole into the night while underway. Electronics are a Poly-Planer AM/FM/CD player pushing a pair of marine Bazooka speakers and a Jensen marine powered subwoofer for a little added puch...it rocks out pretty dang good for a boat. Nabigation is via a Garmin 545s GPS/fish finder. All this sitting on a McClain aluminum trailer with a torsion bar suspension.

All in all, I truly couldn't be happier and is a dime well spent.

A few more pix.

Last edited by 2112; September 25, 2008, 12:19 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

sweet

That is a good looking boat.

Comment

That is what bad boat right there!!! I've never gigged from a boat I bet its a blast!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Its the only way to go and with bag limits at 10 fish, its easy to cover a lot of water passing up all the little ones and select ones that go 18"s and up.

Depending on the area, like certain drains between sand bars that I know are hot, I will beach the boat near the mouth and work by foot with portable gear the area. A lot of quality fish can sometimes be missed by flounder boats.
        Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Hey 2112,
          You should post a pic of your old boat sitting next to your new rig. That would help explain just how happy you are. LOL You have come a long ways in the giggin world man.
          Wayner
          Children are pieces of our heart running around outside of our body.

Comment

Here is a interesting picture of my first dedicated flounder boat. I was dangerous but it was also a one man flounder wrecking machine that too k many fish.

here is a picture of the flounder boat Wayne is talking about. It was not sea worthy and actualy flipped at the boat ramp so I stripped all the stuff off of it and am concidering respectble offeres for its sale. NOTE, the out board was not mounted when it flipped.
            The boat is a 14' tracker with a Merc 5hp 4-stroke. It has fresh registration/tags and clear titles. It works fine for a push poll flounder rig.

how it looks now minus the front deck.

Comment

Working...
            X