Aransas Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aransas Bay

Yesterday had it's good and bad moments but we got the bad out of the way early and the rest of the day was great! My friends picked me up at 8am right on time (good). We went to pick up the boat (good) and found that Dave had left the boat keys home (bad) and hadn't fueled up the boat (bad, I usually do this the day before so we don't have to spend time screwing around when we are getting ready to go). Got to the bait stand finally at 9am and launched at Fulton Harbor boat ramp. We went due east out of Fulton and turned left at the ditch. We decided for a change to fish north because of poor performance lately in the southern part of Aransas Bay.

Our first stop was Dunham Bay where we boxed two beer fish, a 24" red and 26" gaff-topsail catfish (good for Dave and me, bad for Herman since we don't drink beer until we have one in the box and hard heads don't count) A couple of break-offs because of shell and numerous hard heads convinced us to move up to Sunset Bay where Herman put a small trout in the box and the beer light was on for all of us. After over limits of hard heads we headed back down the ditch to Green Can 15 and from there due east to Spalding Bight where we fished and drank beer for an hour and put five more reds in the box. Poor Herman caught only one 15" trout and Dave and I had limits of reds. All three of my reds were 21" and Daves were 22,24&26". The first red, gafftop and trout were all caught on live finger mullet. The rest of the reds were caught on 1" thick mullet steaks cut from fresh large mullet.

All and all, another wonderful day on the water.
    Last edited by RonE; August 12, 2009, 08:53 AM.
    Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Beer and fish-great combination!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
    X