Exellent Jan fishing in UGB so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exellent Jan fishing in UGB so far

With the last day of the boat show coming to a close on the 13th it was time to get back to fishing. I haven’t been on the water as much as I would like due to work and moving into a new house (which has been a pain in the asssss) but never the less I knocked all my honey dues out over long change and I was able to book a couple of trips and squeeze in a fun trip or two.

1-21
    On Monday I had a father son duo that I have had to reschedule a couple of times due to the weather but finally got a break. The day started off a little on the slow side for about the first 30 mins or so and then it lit off. From about 7 -12 we were on a solid trout bite in 4-11 of water. We were keying in on pods of mullet riding the outgoing tide line. We finished the day off with 41 on the clicker and 20 in the along with a red.

1-23
    Wed I had a wading trip that turned out to be a total waste of time. We waded hard til 1130 with not one bump. The conditions were really not ideal but it was all my fault on the first location. Note to self no bait no fish. I don’t know how many times I have told myself that but my stubbornness sometime supersedes my common sense. At the end of the day we made a long drift in 7-9 foot of water just to see if any fish were holding the area and managed to catch a couple of keepers and a red. I gave them a rain check to go another day.

1-24

Thursday was a fun trip with old buddies of mine Jimmy and Joe. We started out at the second location I had fished the day before. The morning started off ideal light fog, overcast, scattered bait, over mud / shell mix and dead calm wind. We all started off throwing tops with no action, so after the 3rd top water I tied on I finally hooked up with a solid 5lber. After that Jimmy and Joe swapped over and I was on. We ended the day with 15 in the 4-5 lb. range no huge fish but all solid. If we would have hooked up on all the fish that blew up on us it would have been another stellar day. I kept count on how many fish I missed and it was 17, 3 of which went air borne and were all in the 5-6 lb. range. I even had 2 make a swirl about 10 yards from my and I could tell they were all big trout. All fish came on top waters worked really slow with a couple of pauses mix in. The crazy thing was I tried throwing a Maniac and couldn’t get a bump; Jimmy and Joe both tried several Corkies and couldn’t get bit either. Just goes to show you that someday trout only want a top.

I have a couple of open days this month left and Feb I have several opens if anyone wants to hop in give me a shout......

Thanks
    Capt. Brent Juarez
    Attached Files

Awesome report and great pics.
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Exellent Jan fishing in UGB so far

X's 2! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cap J gettin' it done in the Dirty Bay! Nice!
        Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Great report and AWESOME FISHING!!!
          "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Working...
          X