Fish of a lifetime.....Aaarrrggghhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish of a lifetime.....Aaarrrggghhh

After almost calling our trip last night because the water looked like chocolate milk, Mell Wader, his BIL and I decided that the weather liars have to be right occasionally, so we hit it early this am. We jumped in about 6 am at the north cut about 200 yds from the orange tower.
    Bait was plentiful and I hooked up on the third cast with a nice slot red. We fished for 2 hours with blow ups at least every other cast. It was fast and furious with multiple triple hook ups. We caught, missed and lost reds and trout constantly and didn't move more than 100yds the entire time.
    I saw frenzied activity and moved deeper into the shallow water while they moved deeper. I kept seeing what looked like BIG fish blowing bait and moved steadily that way, but kept hooking up all the way there, so it took me a while to get there. I caught a nice 26" red and heard something behind me, so I turned and fired my super spook that direction. I had a huge blow up and the fight was on. She was making deep runs and I thought I had a good tourney red, but she finally came out of the water about 5' from me and the huge yellowmouth shook her head and laughed at me. She had to be 30"+. I almost vomited and shook for a few minutes before firing back to the same spot. 2 casts later another huge blow up and it was on again. I took my time with her and she gave in to the boga. She was a skinny 29 1/8" trout and is going on the wall. A couple of casts later I had another HUGE blowup and she came completely out of the water and the lure flew about 10' in the air before falling back in and she wasn't interested again.
    I waded back to the boat to see they had limits of reds and a few trout mixed in also.
    We caught probably 50-60 reds and 20-30 trout total. It was one of those days you dream about. We left them biting at 8:30 so we could get in to go to work.
    It was a pleasure to meet keith and finally get out will Albert.
    Thanks for the great trip guys!

Here are photos of some of the fish. We forgot there were still some in the cooler. Video is forthcoming.

sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Chip,

I am glad you were able to go with Brian and I. It was a good day indeed. My Clown She Dog was brutalized. Your trout was a brute. Heard you hollering all the way across the north cut 30" TROUT!

Comment

Nice fish Chip!! Congrats!
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

That shoreline looks familiar Chip.

Comment

yeah I lost a big girl last week i am still trippin! 30 + she got airborne and was gone!
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
            That shoreline looks familiar Chip.
            north cut 200 yds from orange tower
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Congrats Chip!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

WOW way to got Chip!

Comment

Very nice Chip! Days like that more than make up for all the bad ones. The bigguns that get away always stick in your memory too.

Comment

Hell yeah! Nice fish dood.

Comment

Might be the fish I lost last week. I should have checked the left side for old hook marks.

Comment

very nice!!!!!! Congrats on a he!! of a good fish

AQUA PIMP
                        AQUA PIMP......
                        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Really nice stringers and fish. Way to go Chip!!
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

A day to remember, one like we all dream about! Way to go!
                            Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Sorry Brian.......I don't know where I got Keith!
                              sigpic
                              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                              X