Need some lumber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some lumber

Does anyone that has some 2"X8" or 2"X10" boards that I could use to build about a 5'X10' raised bed garden. I am getting too old for a regular size garden.
    Pat
    979-418-9093

You might inquire around and see if you can obtain some free old railroad ties. Various landscapers have them and sometimes give them away. Craigslist is a source.
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I wouldn't use railroad ties for a garden. They got some heavy chemicals in them.

Comment

I would use landscaping timbers... For lack of a better description... basically a 4"x4"x8-10' I drilled a hole in the middle and used re-bar to hold them in place.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
          I wouldn't use railroad ties for a garden. They got some heavy chemicals in them.
          Old ties aren't an issue, new ties oozing the stuff or pressure treated timbers might be more of an issue, if at all.

I've noticed minimal mental confusion, lesions or enlarged private parts....as a result of using old rail ties.
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Need some lumber

There's a pile of wood over here on our job ?
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Found what I needed. Thanks for the help
              Pat

Comment

Working...
              X