Lake Palestine Report 2/1 - 2/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Palestine Report 2/1 - 2/3

Spent all weekend fishing for catfish from 4-30' of water. We had 40 jugs out all weekend and only managed 2 small undersized cats. I guess we were a little early. The crappie bite was heating up on live minnows under the bridges so Sunday resulted in a nice mess of fish in the cooler.

We are going to be back up that direction later this year but it was good to be back on the lake and see some old friends.

Funny Story:

I was in Madisonville on I-45 on my way up to the lake on Friday. I look in the rear view mirror at the trolling motor, I go into instant shock. I instantly have a horrible feeling that I didn't grab the remote control from my saltwater gear. Sure enough when I fill up with gas the remote is not on the boat. I called a few friends that live in Tyler and we located a Gander Mountain which could have something that may work. So, we finally located an I-Pilot remote. However, the package it came in was a little big for the remote I own and of course nobody at the store knows anything about these things. Well the box ends up being a complete upgrade to an I-Pilot system and we didn't realize it until almost back at the cabin. So we get back and the remote pairs to the trolling motor and works great from 5-12 AM. However on the final run of the night the remote fails and breaks. So after all the hard work & racing around Friday afternoon we only got a few hours of use out of it I've since ordered a spare remote and returned the defective parts to Gander.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

good on the crappie, lol on the trip....

Comment

Love me some crappie.
      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Re: Lake Palestine Report 2/1 - 2/3

Yeah Coe brother Brooks called me for the goose stew was out of town lol so next time i will try to make it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
        X