8-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-18

Had a good morning today. Caught a good limit of reds to 26" and a few trout to 19" (lots of throwbacks). Reds absolutely crushed topwaters, it was awesome. One of them almost swallowed my skitterwalk, had to really do some surgery to get it out of him. Caught a big flounder on a catch 2000 and dropped it as I was trying to poke the stringer through its mouth ...Anyways tides are up and the winds were light this morning and picked up around 15 knots around mid morning. After the tide went slack around 8 or 830 the bite absolutely died. Grinded till noon with only a few undersized fish to show..

Sounds like they were still biting today. Thanks for the report!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Alex, sounds like you had a great day. Next time you catch a flounder, try this trick sneaky Pete showed me. When you get the flounder up to you, take your stringer and stab him right behind the head. This way she is already on your stringer and you can take your time removing the lure.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_A View Post
        Alex, sounds like you had a great day. Next time you catch a flounder, try this trick sneaky Pete showed me. When you get the flounder up to you, take your stringer and stab him right behind the head. This way she is already on your stringer and you can take your time removing the lure.
        I think you mentioned that to me before. My stringer is a piece of junk and is not sharp at all. I will definitely try that when I get one of those high dollar stringers one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_A View Post
          That works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
            I think you mentioned that to me before. My stringer is a piece of junk and is not sharp at all. I will definitely try that when I get one of those high dollar stringers one of these days.

Awesome report

Hooksetmarine has great stringers

Comment

very nice,congrats
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Sounds like a really solid morning, Congrats!
                Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Good going TTU!!!!
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

x2 on the hookset stringer

Good work and thanks for the report. I haven't caught a red in way too long. May try tomorrow morning.

How deep were the fish?

Comment

Milkjug- All the reds are coming in a little over waist deep water to knee deep water.

Comment

Thanks, ya'll got them dialed in pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
                          Had a good morning today. Caught a good limit of reds to 26" and a few trout to 19" (lots of throwbacks). Reds absolutely crushed topwaters, it was awesome. One of them almost swallowed my skitterwalk, had to really do some surgery to get it out of him. Caught a big flounder on a catch 2000 and dropped it as I was trying to poke the stringer through its mouth ...Anyways tides are up and the winds were light this morning and picked up around 15 knots around mid morning. After the tide went slack around 8 or 830 the bite absolutely died. Grinded till noon with only a few undersized fish to show..
                          get a hookset stringer for that flounder and when he comes to the top harpoon him right thru the middle! it stuns him! no need for no net anymoresneekypete showed us the technique
                          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                          X