Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge trout

Hey guys...

I was drifting around Caranc. Reef yesterday and saw water breaking in a circular patern. Went over to investigate and it was a HUGE trout, ATLEAST 30" (right up against my boat) swimming in circles with his head poking out of the water. I looked at it swim in circles for about 2 minutes and decided to get the net out. It dove under water and I never saw it again.

Was it some big old fish dying? Regardless... it was the biggest I have seen

Cool-netting her is illegal I believe-I would have tried to foul hook her!!! Cool.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Do you have this same situation happen with all the ladies you approach?

sorry buddy I couldn't resist....

In all seriousness....
      Maybe spawning? I would have thought they'd be done by now though....
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
        Do you have this same situation happen with all the ladies you approach?

sorry buddy I couldn't resist....

In all seriousness....
        Maybe spawning? I would have thought they'd be done by now though....
        Don't take your problems out on me

Comment

Ready the castnet!

Comment

should have been faster with the net....

Comment

Originally posted by sfef84 View Post
              Don't take your problems out on me
              no they seem to leave me when they realize fishing is #1 in my life
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good enough for me...

Is foul hooking legal?

I would have been faster with the net but i had seen the water movement for about 10 minutes and I eventually was right next to it. I put a live shrimp in front of it on a hook and nothing... put a live shrimp off a hook.... still nothing. There wasnt a real sense of urgency. When I stepped to the other side of the boat, the movement prob spooked it.

It looked pretty beat up.

Comment

Most likely choked on a large bait fish , mullet , etc. I have run across this same situation a couple of times over the past 20+ years or so. And yes it will kill them ..........
                  " What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak minded ."
                  Captain Augustus McCrae

Comment

Working...
                  X