Mouth of Brazos: 8/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouth of Brazos: 8/18

Dano and The Moonpie went to M.o.B. last night.

We started fishing about 6pm out near the bar off the mouth.
    Wanted to catch some bull reds.
    Used cut mullet.
    Caught a mess of small(2-3ft) sharks and Dano caught one nice bull red.
    Moved back into the river just after dark and set up the big light.
    Fishing was real slow for a while.
    Dano took his lantern and went gigging. He got 8 flounder.
    Moonpie stayed with the boat and fished the light.
    About 24:00 the water got green with the incoming and the place went nuts with mullet jumping. Trout were biting but mostly schoolies.
    Managed just 2 keepers.
    Wind and water got pretty bad about 03:00 so we called it quits.
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Thanks for the report. When do ya'll sleep?

Comment

nice night out.congrats to yall
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good report guys.......I need some flounder!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

When do ya'll sleep?
          Sleep is for wimps and Robalo.
          West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Nice report! I always wonder.. is it better to set up lights upriver north of the ICW? We've tried multiple times around the mouth on both sides but never seem to catch anything.

Comment

My first walk for flounder was over a mile 1/2 round trip without getting in the water. I walked to a place where I have seen many flounder prints, only to find a bunch of little "chips". Then back at the boat, we gigged all the flounder within 80 ft. of the boat. As always it was a great time out on the S.S. Moonpie. Ready to do it again soon. Thanks again Moonpie for the invite.

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
              Thanks for the report. When do ya'll sleep?
              After working the graveyard shift for over 20 years,... I think I will get enough sleep when I die.
              Surf-Fishing;
              I tell you and you forget, I show you and you remember, I involve you and you understand.

Comment

You're right Moonpie-I was starting to look like JT by not sleeping enough, so I decided I needed sleep or was gonna be one FUGLY person.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

good work nice job on the flatties!
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

cant call no body or what??? good times !
                    Think like a fish no matter how weird it gets…

Comment

Originally posted by mikey01 View Post
                      cant call no body or what??? good times !
                      lets go!!
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                        lets go!!
                        Lets do it the raped chicken is up and running. Went and look at a 220 marshall w/a 150 etec today like sneakypetes. man its killing me.Wont be long
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Get it R.C.,Man them guys better get out of barhams M.O.B. thats the only place he fishes,
                          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

too much Busch

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                            Get it R.C.,Man them guys better get out of barhams M.O.B. thats the only place he fishes,
                            yeah you cant put them busch down long enuf to join me... thats too bad!
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                              yeah you cant put them busch down long enuf to join me... thats too bad!
                              Dude it has nothing to do with the beer,its the beach barham i dont like it .The last couple times i rushed down there with you its a washing machine i have learned from Sneeky what to read to see if its right enough for me so untill that bouy is under 1.5 you have fun and show me the picks.I really like it when the bout is at 1.0
                              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
                              X