Skunked again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skunked again

"Hello?", "This is Dave, can you meet me at the Garage, I need to take my truck in to get the brakes fixed?" "Sure, see you there in a few minutes."

30 Minutes Later: "Your truck is in the shop, my boat is in the driveway, lets screw the rest of the day and go fishing!", "OK, You want to ask Dan to come?" "Sure, call him", "He can't come, he has three jobs to do, lets call Herman." "Sounds good to me." "OK, Herman will meet us at your house in an hour." "Hold on, Hello?.......That was Dan, he canceled his work and wants to go, I didn't have the heart to tell him that we already had three." "No problem, we are using my boat, not yours, four can fish just fine."

To make a short story shorter, we spent 1 1/2 hours catching bait and trashing my boat with mud, minnows and sea grass and spent 6 hours fishing and didn't box a single fish. We actually waded, threw plastic, used cut bait, live bait and said prayers to the fishing god....not a damned thing. Fished behind Mud Island, in the Lydia Ann Channel and on the other side of the causeway and caught nothing but two rat reds and some (only a few) hardheads.

The best thing about the trip was the friendship and the beer.

I really don't like to get skunked, especially when the whole boat gets skunked and this was the second time in as many trips. Next time we are taking Daves boat.
    Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Some days its like that, and some times its nights!

Hey at least you got out with some friends, had a few laughs, and weren't working...sounds like a successful trip to me.
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

My buddy was in Redbone last weekend-he said it's really tough fishing around Rockport and AP with the high salinity. The winners made 50 mile runs to Baffin-his guide didn't and they scratched a few reds and trout-nothing big. Like ya said, beer was good and so was company.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Tough day, but good company always makes it a winner!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Keep working it, because Rockport usually does not disappoint.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
            Tough day, but good company always makes it a winner!
            Unless your night fishing! LOL
            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
              Unless your night fishing! LOL
              awww come on monte youre the nite fisherman from hell! next time buy a dune buggy more fun.
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                awww come on monte youre the nite fisherman from hell! next time buy a dune buggy more fun.

One bad night...I was just baby sitting too many that night!
                Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                X