I-45 commute question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-45 commute question

What is the commute like going from Dickinson to 610? How long would this normally take? New to the area....thanks in advance.
    VHF 16/68

In the am 45 to a hour during rush hour in morning and after five it could take a little longer.Were the belt way meets all the way to 2351 exit is a nightmare.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I-45 commute question

The earlier you leave the better. If you have a flexible schedule leave early like 530 and get off early. If you leave at 6 you can bet you're in for close to an hour. I used to drive to 45n and the loop on the north side. Good days with no traffic were 45 minutes if I left early. 1.5 hours if I left late.
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I drive from League City to Gulfgate 5 days a week. I leave at 6:30 am and generaly arrive about 7:15 - 7:30 am.

With all of the construction this past year or so, I've begun driving in on Hwy-3 and cutting over to I-45 at Fuqua. It has been a much more pleasant drive than the 45 rage.

Add 10 minutes from Dickinson.
        "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

From The Causeway I leave at 6:20 arrive at Monroe just before 7AM Friday mornings are better.
          "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

I leave Jamaica beach M-F at 5:00 am, stop at Starbucks on 61st. and 45 to the beltway.... over the channel to Wallisville & Uvalde by 6:15+-. Come home after lunch! Fishing by 1:00-2:00.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

If you could run over Prius and Hondas, it'd be less than an hour. Those Prius drivers love driving in the left lane at 55 mph (even if it's a 65 mph zone).
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                I leave Jamaica beach M-F at 5:00 am, stop at Starbucks on 61st. and 45 to the beltway.... over the channel to Wallisville & Uvalde by 6:15+-. Come home after lunch! Fishing by 1:00-2:00.
                I'm jealous!!!

Comment

the construction is going to be worse here shortly. they are slowly building a new HOV lane down 45.

Comment

From highway 6 to 610/ mykawa taking the hov lane was an hour. Unless some fools wrecked then it was just about forever.
                    When I grow up I want to be, One of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.

Comment

Originally posted by 03Marine View Post
                      the construction is going to be worse here shortly. they are slowly building a new HOV lane down 45.
                      "slowly" is correct...but it sure will be nice when completed.

Comment

I remember reading an article about the Gulf Freeway about 30 years ago. It said that if you were over 25 that you probably wouldn't live to see it "Completed". I don't believe that's a valid statment anymore. Now I think that no one will ever live to see it completed!
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Learning to work the feeders saves a lot of time as well.
                          "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

Working...
                          X