8/22 Quick trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/22 Quick trip

Headed out the pass at 7:30 into what was spota be 1-2' seas. Was chop in the 2-3' category. Made GA 272 area and water was decent. Dragged freather tipped with sardines and rapalas-not 1 hit. Drifted sardines and chummed manhaden-again no hits. Wind started to lay down some about 10:30. Headed to beachfront to try for trout/reds. Pulled to 4th bar and gafftop. Headed in with no fish. Saw 3 other boats out, none hooked up either.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
    Headed out the pass at 7:30 into what was spota be 1-2' seas. Was chop in the 2-3' category. Made GA 272 area and water was decent. Dragged freather tipped with sardines and rapalas-not 1 hit. Drifted sardines and chummed manhaden-again no hits. Wind started to lay down some about 10:30. Headed to beachfront to try for trout/reds. Pulled to 4th bar and gafftop. Headed in with no fish. Saw 3 other boats out, none hooked up either.
    So how far did you venture out? How's the boat running?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

About 18-20 miles from the Pass to the Galveston 272 complex-worked the platforms and caissons trolling and drifting. The boat runs great-the new transom is much better-a little higher than the old one so less splashover while drifting and seems to run/sit better. I guess an inch or two made a big difference on how it sits. I always thought the other place did not make the transom high enough-with two 250# guys standing near the motors, water almost came over the transom-not any more! Plus much thicker. Mike and Susan Gilley (Gulf Coast Boats) did a great job-much thanks to them.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Your not the only one that got shunked this weekend, so don't feel bad! Speaking of SLP bridge, it was packed with boats on Saturday and with no wind in site, it got hot a hell! Had 7 year old on board and he won't not quit complaining, so we called it a day. Did not get a chance to go to the camp to help Sandy, we Donna and I went there on Sunday to help him with some work.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

glad you could get out.better catching next time
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

When Milkjug and myself ventured offshore out of the pass we has the same luck but, KILLED the slimers on a looong drift back to the beach on pink devil eyes.
            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Slimers-ya mean kings or gafftops? I couldn't buy a king and had lotsa chum and should have done OK.

Comment

Working...
              X