sportsman road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sportsman road

Anybody have any tips on wading Sportsman Road?

Walk straight off the end and thru the gut. There is a nice marsh back to the left and sometimes trout in the flats off to the right.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

If the area is not covered up with peoples, work the points and the reef balls as you wade west. The gut on the south side of the island is a good direction. And Shuffle.

Comment

See other post.

Comment

There are a handful of spots up and down Galvatraz and Surfside. Depending on the time of year and species your'e hunting. check a map for one of the following: Starvation(long a** walk), Dana( the same), Bird Island, Snake Island, anywhere in Christmas. will try to find an article that I wrote about walk-in back in the 90's and see if it can be posted.. Oh, don't go to Sportmans in the winter unless you want me throwing tops at you..
          http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

thinking about heading out that way for the first time myself sun / mon. looks like the weather should pick up

Comment

Just saw this post on Sportsman Road. A friend and I went there on the 15th. When is the best time to fish here? My friend heard there were 26 -29 inch trout being caught. We didn't catch anything, we worked the guts, and the points. We only used artificals, when is the best time to fish this spot?
              So who says girls can't fish?

Comment

Originally posted by redfishmama View Post
                Just saw this post on Sportsman Road. A friend and I went there on the 15th. When is the best time to fish here? My friend heard there were 26 -29 inch trout being caught. We didn't catch anything, we worked the guts, and the points. We only used artificals, when is the best time to fish this spot?
                Whenever you can fish!.....During the summer the trout will move across that flat and reds will be running through the marsh!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

There is no fish in christmas bay that is just a myth... There are some big fish off of sportsman rd and the seabrook flats...
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

whatch out 4 stingrays!
                    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Stingrays

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
                      whatch out 4 stingrays!
                      They get really thick when the water starts warming up there...lots of soft mud for them to hide in..for me its a Thankgiving to about the 1st of March spot...later this year because of the colder than normal winter, it also starts to get really crowded in the spring/summer and personally I like a more solitary location when I can find it.

Comment

warning: the shell is really rough in spots. it will tear up a pair of $140 ray guards!
                        XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Haha xtremeangler ain't lyin

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
                            There is no fish in christmas bay that is just a myth... There are some big fish off of sportsman rd and the seabrook flats...
                            Lmao yea let's send them all to seabrook!!!
                            Captain Glenn Stevens
                            Coastal Guide Service
                            www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

That is 2 damn funny guys!!! Jeremy would love to see all of them in Seabrook.

Originally posted by txwhaler 22 View Post
                              Lmao yea let's send them all to seabrook!!!
                              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X