08/26/09 Boat Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08/26/09 Boat Cut

Wanted to fish the surf but it was a little to windy for my liking. Launched at fatboys around 6 am greeted with 8-10 mph south winds. We decided to stop at the east shoreline of Pelican Island first. Lots of bait but no takers on topwaters. After catching 2 slimers in a row on live shrimp, we decided to press on. Next stop was the boat cut. Caught only 5 trout over the next two hours with only 2 being legal. Also caught a rat red and my first pompano of the year. Everything was released with the exception of the 2 trout. We ran out of shrimp and then tried plastics with no luck. Guys all around us throwing croakers and they weren't doing any better than us, worse if anything. By now the wind was starting to lay so we took a nice long boat ride. Stopped at a couple spots and gave it 15 minutes each but nobody was home. Kind of a disappointing day given the conditions but thats how it is sometimes. We could have maybe grinded out a few more at the jetty if we had more bait but who knows. But it was definitely nice to be on the water!
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Thanks for the report. Tried and scored a few aint bad at all.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Hey at least yall caught a few. That sure is frustrating when the weather is nice and the fish dont cooperate!

Comment

Happens that way sometimes, thanks for sharing the report.

Comment

good report man!
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice! at least ya got to hit the coast... i remeber driving froms baylor straight to the coast on tha wknds just to fish... visit my folks after the trip before heading back up to wacko

Comment

Thanks for the report. Sounds tough out there!
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice report.congrats on the keepers
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                X