Bull Red Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bull Red Run

Frind of mine from Houston called for a fishing report and I told him slow to medium. His reply was that last year the bull red run was on and he would be here for some catch and release big red fish excitement and would pick me up at 7AM this morning. How could I refuse an offer like that?

Walter was right on time and we picked up his boat and bait and headed to Conn Brown to launch. Got to the end of the Port Aransas jetties around 8:30 AM anchored and commenced to dround bait in search of the bull reds. We were using crocker, crab and perch for bait.

We soon found that the bull red run hasn't started yet or if it has, it is off to a slow start. I did however catch a couple of trout by freelining some 8-10" crokers. One 27" and one 24 3/4". Walter caught a 23" grouper on a piece of cut perch and a 32" bull red which was released to join the beginning of the bull red run. We will be back at the same spot tomorrow.

Don't know how we missed the picture of the grouper.

When we cleaned the fish, we discovered much to our suprise that the 27" trout was a male. A guide cleaning fish next to us said it was the biggest male he had ever seen.
    Attached Files
    Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

nice trip.congrats on the catch
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
    X