Surf Hoax!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Hoax!

Beachfront is flat and producing nice fish if you have not heard! So with no hours at work to make a decent check I asked if I could take a vacation day and it was granted! HOT DOG.....

On the way home around 1030 this morning, radio 790 Doug Pike is on, All I heard was how the beach front is the ticket and what ever you throw your going to hook-up! Delousions of Grandure and full limits going threw my head.

With my boat out and ready to go my main plan was to head out of Fatboys and head up towards sand Island and do some wade fishing but good GOD the fish are on the beach front!!!

I mowed my lawn trying to cool myself down alittle bite and try not to get too excited about things. I guess I need some anxioty pills. Anyway around 2 pm I am heading towards the beach front with my donet loaded with tops and plastics.

I got to my destination with high hopes of the beachfront meathaul. I was ready in seconds to start fishing. I got to the second sand bar and stopped because I don't like to swim and got two cast only to be greeted by one strike of lighting in the distance! Dang the luck but the next one was closer. I said to myself screw it and I will wait at the truck, I think I beat the other 10-15 fishermen in, lol.

Winds switched after the storm form NW to SE and the beach was starting to get tough. I stuck it out switching from my topwater to plastics. But after being beat for over an hour I called it quits.

As I crossed the causeway I realized I made the mistake and should have taken the boat out. But they are also calling for no wind tonight and anywind in the morning is going to be out of the N again.

Looks like I am going to go ride my bike tomorrow morning and not going to fall for the green waters on the front. Eventhough the water was trout green, full of bait, and ran into another fisherman that had a cooler mixed with reds and trout. I don't need to curse the rest of you that plan on hitting the dead calm flat surf.

According to the radio and a few others the fish are running along the second gut.

At least you gave it a shot Kevin. It is still better than a good day at work!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I think storms spook those fish. It seems like the thunder gives em lockjaw. Sorry about the bad luck
      XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Sorry about that, we did OK in the surf after the storm came by, but it was 3 trout in 3 hours, so not a lot of action. BTW, the wind is calm coming out of the north right now, I bet the surf looks good. I have not driven down there yet, but will do after breakfast.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I hit the surf pretty hard this afternoon. Green water, not much surf, lots of bait and no fish on arties..........except a foul hooked whiting!
          A guy with finger mullet had a few dink trout.
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

you dont know till you go.better catching next time
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
            X