Back at Karankawa again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back at Karankawa again...

Only got to fish on Sunday this week. Went out with fiance Lara, my daughter Heather, and Capt Hardhead. My daughter Heather is 10 and really enjoys fishing...she demands to cast it herself, reel with no help, and land them in the boat herself. She gets this stubborn streak from my ex wife. Anyway, we got back to a favorite little spot with some live shrimp. Put a small weight on with a circle hook for her. She had to wait all of ten minutes before she caught a nice little sand trout. Re-bait, re-throw and bam...15" spec. This had her extremely pumped because she loves to eat specs and she finally had one she could eat herself. By the end of the day, we each caught a few smallies (all reds) and Mark landed one other keeper trout. Heather finished the day with that sandie, the spec, a red, skip jack, some perch, hardheads, and a black drum. She had a pretty awesome day and frankly so did I. You dad's out there know EXACTLY what I mean. I love to catch fish, obviously, but seeing my little girl had a good time out there, bringing them in, loving the outdoors, learning to respect it, and begging to "keep on fishing daddy!" when it's time to go in was pretty damn fantastic.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Way to get her out there and put her on some fish! Keep her going with you!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Very nice!!!!!

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Awesome. I think you should get the Dad of the week award. Keep em fishing.
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

nice job.that smile tells it all.WTG!
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

very nice!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Congrats. I hope my little one stays as excited as she is now and keeps going when she gets older.

Comment

Nice Brad!
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                  X