Opening Day Dove Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Day Dove Hunt

Heading out today to do a Dove Hunt tomorrow morning out East of Wallisville area. Hopefully will have some photos... debating on whether or not to bring Sadie... Unfamiliar with area, some other guys place so probably going to leave her at the house tonight.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Good luck!!!

There were a bunch of dove in the goatweed on my place, so I'll bust a few next weekend....
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Sweet. I'm going to try and get some tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Opening Day of Dove Season

Good luck to all the West Enders during tomorrow's opening day.

Pics, pics, and pics.

Comment

coe who u going with im in town
          Free advice for cold beer !

Comment

I went with Nick aka: Speck King

He needs to learn how to shoot!! no we had a good time...

I shot 11 easy Nick shot a good 7 had one poop on me (not really but u know what I mean )

We both got tickets from Game Warden Francis for failure to display our Hunters Educations cards... A quick call to the 1800 number and a new one should be here in a week got to fax the court a copy and be done. I've never had my card first time I've been asked for it ever. Got the hunters education when I was 14 so its been a long time too!

Comment

cool need another shooter????
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

thats bullshit. thats just a a-hole for a game warden if u were born before 89 u dont have to have it.
                Free advice for cold beer !

Comment

We hunted Brookshire opening morning, no birds

Comment

What Hunter Ed Card? I never had one nor ever been asked for one-I thought only kids had to have that? BTW, I'm 52 Y.O., so maybe that's why???
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish Rob View Post
                      thats bullshit. thats just a a-hole for a game warden if u were born before 89 u dont have to have it.
                      DEAD WRONG!!! 1971 buddy...

You have to have it after you turn 16 or 18.... You can legally be without it as long as your below that age and hunting with an adult OVER 21! Is I believe how the rule goes...

Comment

Who is required to take Texas Hunter Education?

Every hunter (including out-of-state hunters) born on or after Sept. 2, 1971, must successfully complete a Hunter Education Training Course. Minimum age of certification is 9 years of age.

If you were born on or after September 2, 1971 and you are:

under 9 years of age, you must be accompanied*.
                        age 9 through 16, you must successfully complete a hunter education course, or you must be accompanied*.
                        age 17 and over, you must successfully complete a hunter education course; or purchase a “Hunter Education Deferral” and you must be accompanied*.
                        Please note that some federally controlled areas require all hunters using that site to have hunter education certification. In Texas, this includes Corps of Engineers property and most military reservations. Be sure to check with the specific area prior to going hunting.

Hunter Education Deferral (cost: $10) Allows a person 17 years of age or older who has not completed a hunter education program to defer completion for up to one year. A deferral may only be obtained once and is only valid until the end of the current license year. A person who has been convicted or has received deferred adjudication for violation of the mandatory hunter education requirement is prohibited from applying for a deferral. Take the course by August 31 of the current license year and receive a $5 discount. The one-time Hunter Education Deferral is available at license vendors and went into effect September 1, 2004.

* Accompanied means: By a person who is at least 17, who is licensed to hunt in Texas, who has passed hunter education or is exempt (born before Sept. 2, 1971), and you must be within normal voice control. Proof of certification or deferral is required to be on your person while hunting. Note: Certification is not required to purchase a hunting license.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish Rob View Post

I don't know about that

Comment

Hunted near Hockley and got limits of 15 for 20 guys by 9:30am...they were flying! It was a blast, though we could have used a dog to help pick them up.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryK View Post
                              Hunted near Hockley and got limits of 15 for 20 guys by 9:30am...they were flying! It was a blast, though we could have used a dog to help pick them up.
                              I got two dogs

Let me know if you need any help!

Comment

Working...
                              X