Fly Fishing Report 829/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly Fishing Report 829/30

Saturday(8/29) was a good flyfishing day with 8 shots at reds and one shot at a trout.Only problem was not one of them ate the fly.Zero for nine.
    Sunday(8/30) was also a good Flyfishing but with a better catch ratio.Ten shots at reds with eight hookups 18 to 23 in.Spotted one good trout got off two cast but she refused to eat.

SKIFFSTIFF

Thanks for the report! What kind of flies are you using?

Comment

Thanks for the report. I will have to learn to throw a fly one day.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Skiffstiff flies

I was using Seaducers in red/white and chartruse/white.I also like clousers in the same colors but the stringing grass has been a real problem of late with the clouser.The Seaducers tied with a weedguard have been working the best under these conditions.I have been tying them in the 4 inch size on #2 sst 34007 hooks to match the size of the baitfish that I have been seeing on the flats.You also have a better chance at catching a good trout with the larger Seaducer than with a small clouser,it dosent seem to matter much to the reds when they are in the eating mood.

Comment

sounds like a fun time.congrats on the catch
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice going. A buddy of mine shoulda had the state fly record on a flounder for the tippet he was usiing-I think 2#-dang saddleblanket snapped his rod -he hooked her by Maggies in the small drains-was funny watching him scream and cuss-was prolly 6#s-about 5 years ago. He only fly fishes and does pretty good. Lotsa patience.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
            X