Moses lake and well pads in Dickinson Bay-Pix/vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moses lake and well pads in Dickinson Bay-Pix/vid

Launched and in the water before sunrise at the HWY146 bridge.
    Very windy and out of the channel and into Dickinson bay, almost turned around because of swells but trimed the engine up and was able to procede to the flood gates and into Moses Lake. Found a little shelter and managed 2 keeper Flounder and one barley 15" Speck.
    My fishing partner was Scott, an old friend and recent work mate at my plant.
    Here be Scott with his 2 Flatties.

And here be Scott thinking he be all that!

We didn't do to well in the lake, mostly a lot of Rat Reds and undersized Specks and suddenly we were out of bait. We hit the camp inside of Moses lake but they had no bait. By tis time the winds had laid down and the bay was almost calm so we went to Topwater Grill to see if Boyd's was set up but there was no one there. The restraunt looks like it is getting close to being finished, there are even pick-nick benches outside now.
    Here's a very short vid of what it looks like.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GXNlUFyfik
    Then we headed for Gastian's and they had bait so we got one more qt. and headed to one of the gas wells in Dickinson Bay were we did our best.
    Let's just say they shell pads are easy fishing for respectable Reds.
    Short vid...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Yxee8Na0k
    Somehow I screwed up and cut the vid short but this was that fish, a 24"er.

And a few more...

action photos

Not a lot of fish but still managed a good time.
    Tight Lines!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Looks like you had a good time, which is most important! Thanks for the report, pics and video.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Looks like a fun time. Nice pics! Thanks for the report.

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Nice job fellas! Looks like a blast!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Looks like you had a great time. What was the last picture of?
          Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Yes dudes it was fun. I don't fish like this much anymore I forgot what it felt like
            to have something big taxing a trout pole. i may do it more often.
            RonE,
            The last picture is that of a fish that I've always called a "Ribbon Fish". I think they may be called "Cutlass Fish" as well. They are a nuciance fish in that they readily attack live shrimp and have a fearsome set of teeth that can slice mono-no-problemo. Supposedly they are a good offshore bait. As mean as they are with the choppers the fish is quite delicate. If you hook one and handle it, by the time you release one they are on there way to Davey Jones's locker.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
            Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

looks like a good time.congrats on the catch
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice report.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Great job Bert!
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                  X