Sept 5, East Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept 5, East Bay

Had the fortune of heading out this morning. At 5:30 am, out of Eagle Point, the wind was over 10mph out of the north east. First we hit Hannah's reef, caught acouple of small mustard mouths with the wind still blowing and the sun barely showing. Soon after, we went searching.... looked for birds, slicks, bait,... anything... we fished acouple reefs, and acouple grass shorelines, with no keepers still. Ran around for a couple more hours before getting back to Hannah's around 10a.m. All of a sudden the wind died, the water turned really green, the sun beat down and we started catching some decent fish at Hannah's. We were able to pull out two nice trout and I was lucky enough to do battle with this 26" red. After acouple of drifts we went and found a few more keeper trout at random reefs. Then the wind came back, a cold beer sounded good, and the sun was starting to bake so we called it a long, slow, but decent day. By the way, all the fish were caught on artificial. Ended up with four trout, one red, and twice as many undersized. Also.... ran into a buddy at the boat ramp. he said they went out of eagle point at about noon, with live shrimp, hit the gas wells, and were back in the truck by 2p.m. with 10 nice keepers. They fished with corks about 6' down. Good luck the rest of the weekend to all of you.
    Attached Files

P.S. for the first time today, tried the gulp shrimp under a popping cork technique. Have had the gulp for a while now taking up space in the tackle box but never thought to use them. I would highly recommend it for days when the bite is slow and the fish are few and far between. Ended up catching two of the keepers and a few sandies on the gulp. I'll definitely be adding this method to the madness, perhaps as a fall-back when the fishing is slow.

Comment

WTG Matt. We were there, too. Going tomorrow with kids.

Comment

Nice report and yes the gulp new penny is a great bait to have in the bag. Instead of popping cork, throw it like you would a plastic and you might be surprised.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice job guys. I cant wait to bust those out next month for the flounder run. Those saddlebags LOVE the gulp shrimp...

Comment

Beautiful red...worthy of home page image!!
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Hunter G, if they'll put me on home page, they'll put anyone... wait, they did! Two fish at Hanna's yesterday. Ended up with sandies at Todd's under birds for kids. Having them for breakfast now.

Comment

Nice job and thanks for the report

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......
                "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Great report....Sounds like a good time had by all!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                  X