Blockade Runners Rising: A sense of accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockade Runners Rising: A sense of accomplishment

Left Marlin Marina Sunday morning at 8:30. The ride took about an hour due to the wind smacking us square in the square bow. The Ugly Mudda ran great thanks again to Gregr1971 for fixing me up. We got there and got right to work. Glenn (The chief honcho) worked below scavenging what was left of our tools. Luckily hammers and crow bars don't get hurt too bad from a dunk. I worked above cleaning out the bedroom and bathroom, getting started on the living room just before we had to leave. The toughest part was cutting and hauling out the carpets. We filled and hauled back 7 contractor bags full of insulation and debris yesterday.

Believe it or not, the bedroom is now livable, but with no door closing it off from the rest of the camp, it's going to be tough to keep it that way with so much of the roof gone. We didn't get to put any tin up on the roof and we didn't get to sink any of the 4X4s we brought for a new dock. Cleanup had to come first. I just hope it doesn't rain.

If anyone is interested and able to come out next weekend, probably Sunday depending on the weather, we sure could use the help to haul lumber out and get something going. I pay in beer. As soon as we have it cleaned up, we need to get some tin on the roof and start a dock. Then we'll frame up the back room and get ready for some roof magic.

Bait was getting SMASHED everywhere we went yesterday. Didn't even bring a rod. But for the first time since Ike, I felt like I was turning a corner toward better days on Titlum Tatlum. - Sandy
    Last edited by coachlaw; October 6, 2008, 11:18 PM.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."
Working...
X