What camera do you like ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What camera do you like ?

I want to get a digital camera to use wading and kayaking saltwater. With kayaking it's almost impossible to keep dry, clean hands. I don't want a super expensive one. What do ya'll recommend ? Thanks.
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

I bought a Cannon Elph well it was an Xmas present really but I bought a $60 waterproof case for it. Which allows full operation of every button and can be submerged to 130 feet.

Its never leaked or anything I bought it off Amazon 2nd hand from a guy who upgraded his camera and I got a barely used one. Heck of deal its now 4 years old and has been pushed to its limits multiple times!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I use the Pentax waterprooff camera and like it alot. You can take picturses uf to 10' or water. I have yet to put my under water but its good to know if I drop it in the water it won't hurt. Check out some of my reports, the pics were taken with this camera. I want to say it runs in the $200 range.

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I got an olympus stylus 550WP, 10 megapixel. I've been impressed with it so far. I believe it was around 170 w/tax

Comment

I have the Fuji Z33 WP. I have taken lots of underwater pics with it. I just put a float on the cord, so if I need to I can drop it in the water and then reach back down and pick it up. It has been a great camera. $159.00 at Best Buy.
          Check the reviews on all the ones you like at www.cnet.com
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for so much input so soon. Now, if you all can get together and come to an agreement on one recommendation, that would be nice. Just kidding. Ford or Chevy ?
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Toyota

AQUA PIMP
              AQUA PIMP......
              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Olympus 850sw. Got it for 150 a while back and its waterproof and does the job well.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                  Thanks for so much input so soon. Now, if you all can get together and come to an agreement on one recommendation, that would be nice. Just kidding. Ford or Chevy ?
                  Chevy..
                  Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                    Toyota

AQUA PIMP
                    x2 I loved my Yota
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

You guys are too funny. OK, I have a 2008 tundra , 4 wheel drive, 6 " lift, black rims , big tires, heavy duty back bumper, hard bed cover, spray in bed protection, JVC sound system ,debadged ( no decals , signs , nothing , slick ) , billet grill, KC lights up front, air raid air filter, 5.7 liter V-8, black Toyota nerf bars, leather, slate gray, CCA plates " PLUGR " . At night on coming traffic flash their high beams at me thinking I have mine on. Slow pokes in the left lane move over as my lights light up their rear view mirrow like a spotlight. My truck is like a woman in a black dress with a pearl necklace, simple , but, elegant. Love my truck. OK, now , WHAT about a camera you recommend ? And I know you have a better truck, so don't get off track here. Camera ?

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                        x2 I love"D" my Yota
                        Nevermind, missed the d...
                        Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                          Camera ?
                          Sorry can't help ya on this one, I take my Kodak easy share when I go.. and for the most part it stays in the bag, therefore staying dry. And I only pull it out for important things or cpr'ing fish and when I do I make sure my hands are clean and dry and it goes right back into the case.

Nice to hear from ya on the board Dr. Bowman.

Comment

Definitely the Fuji. The best bang for the buck. I have a friend that had problems with the Olympus and the reviews are not as good.
                            sigpic
                            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Dodge!!!!!!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X