Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already have enjoyed the site and you guys a lot. Last month found the site while looking at 2cool or some place. While checking the forums, I saw a thread by coachlaw. He had pictures of his bayou place and I remembered meeting a guy named Sandy when I came over in my kayak to check out his REBEL flag not long ago . My great grandfather was in 1 st TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S BRIGADE during the war of northern aggression. We talked about all that and visited and he said to stop by anytime. I got my anchor hung up on the bottom right in front of his place and he and some of the guys there came out in their boat to try and pull it up. They could not do it and I told them to cut the rope. Sandy tied a jug to my line marking the spot and it's still there last I saw. Well, I replied to Sandy's thread at that time relating the above , and he remembered me. Small world. Meant to be. I'm a Houston dentist, native Houstonian- mother's side goes back to afore- mentioned war, will be 60 this month, don't golf , tennis and such. I go inshore fishing in my kayak or 21 ft Explorer at every opportunity year long. I do gardening if I can't fish. Usually fish from dawn to dark. Love just being on the water, the birds, fish, sky, smells , planning a fishing stragedy- you guys know what I mean.
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Welcome to Fishwestend Plugger. Look forward to your reports

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Welcome! You've posted some good reports.

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the reports you have already posted. Keep up the good fishing!
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Welcome,Glad to have you aboard
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Welcome Plugger, just curious have you ever read the book named (plugger)?

Comment

Welcome!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Hello Henrey!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                  Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Nwilkens, sorry, didn't see your question until now. Yes, I read the book and he's the inspiration for my handle.
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                      Nwilkens, sorry, didn't see your question until now. Yes, I read the book and he's the inspiration for my handle.

Very cool Doc, great read

Comment

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post
                        Very cool Doc, great read
                        A good friend of mine, Maurice Estlinbaum, fished with Rudy Grigar quite a bit and there is a pic of him in the book. the pic reads "Wade fishing's all time Dream Team".
                        Maurice is a great fisherman and throws nothing but tops. he has caught numerous 30+ trout and has been featured in the Chronicle numerous times and there is an article about him in this month's Saltwater fisherman magazine with a 31" that he caught last month in Baffin.
                        Last edited by imhammer; October 4, 2009, 12:04 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I hope you have picked his brain about fishing. I would learn as much as I could from a man with a history like that.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                            I hope you have picked his brain about fishing. I would learn as much as I could from a man with a history like that.
                            I am working on it!
                            sigpic

Comment

Welcome, I believe me and the wife saw you and truck near HarborWalk 10/3, we fished Highland with a couple good flounder to show. Nice day.

Comment

Working...
                              X