Shrimp Boil...Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrimp Boil...Recipe

I remember seeing a posting on here that had a recipe for boiling shrimp along with potatos, corn, and link sausage. It also gave a time-line for cooking it all in one pot and all being ready at the same time. Corn first for 10 min, then add potatos for 10 mor minutes...etc...

Does anyone else remember this or have a similar recipe??

I've done a search on this site but can't find it.

Thanks!
    "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

potatoes - 15 min, corn and sausage 10 min, shrimp 3-4 min. all done....

FYI..Boyds has bugs for .99lb right now to.
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Thanks GC!
      "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

use deer sasuage if you can !
        FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. We are doing a shrimp boil here in a few weeks.
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

If you can, get with the Bay Shrimp Boats after May 15th when the Bay Shrimp Season opens and see if they will sell directly off the boat. Usually you'll get the best price that way since the commerical houses will pay a whole lot less/count/lb.

Comment

Use about 6 times the amount it says on the Zatarain's bottle. Use liquid, powder, and bags. Get it to a good rolling boil and begin: Potatoes 30 minutes, but don't leave them whole. Cut them in half so the taste really gets in there. Sausage 10 minutes. Corn only needs a few minutes. Shrimp should go in last and only take about 30 seconds to a minute. Dumps some ice in after that time to stop the cooking process, then let everything else soak for 20 minutes and serve. You don't want to water the whole thing down with the ice, you just want to add enough to stop the cooking process.

Oh, and whatever you do, serve them hot. Don't serve them on ice. That's a Yankee thing.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
              X