Lighthouse Lakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighthouse Lakes

Well, it finally rained here in Rockport and what a blessing. We celebrated the rain by going fishing (after 3 hours of hanging sheetrock). Launched at Conn Brown and headed for the Ferry Terminal for some of those big bull reds. Fished an hour without a bite and moved a half mile towards Corpus and fished for a half hour without a bite. Beginning to believe that it is not going to be our lucky day. Thought that this is big bull red season so lets head for the gulf. Got about half way through the Port Aransas ship channel and turned around in 3-4' swells.....I live here, I don't have to fish in that crap.

Headed back towards the boat ramp an decided to try a spot that is one of the outlets for the Lighthouse Lakes. I guess we did get a bite at the ferry terminal, Dave caught and boxed a couple of 12" skip jacks which we cut up for bait when we got to our "secret spot". We had quite a tidal movement and I was freelining cut skip jack and Dave was fishing live mullet on the bottom. Within 15 minutes I boxed a red and Dave switched to skip jack for bait and from then on put a fish in the box every half hour.

We quit with four in the box from 22 to 26" and headed in. We left the house at 1PM and were home with the boat washed and fish cleaned at 7PM.
    Attached Files
    Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

I fished east flats last friday and we were catching a ton of reds. Nothing real bug though. Good haul

Comment

We fished with a yak guide around the lighthouse lakes and had a great time. Although we did not catch a lot of fish the scenery was beautiful.

Thanks for the report!
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

congrats on the rain! i know you guys down there have been missing it for a loooonggss time.

Comment

Nice reds and thanks for the report.

Comment

Thanks for the report Ron!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
            X