Guided Duck Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guided Duck Hunts

I'm going to be offering up duck hunting trips this year. Trinity area or West Bay you take your pick.

$60/ gun (2 max)

Trips will be either Saturday or Sunday contact me via PM to set something up. Money will go to the website and help with site maintenance.

5yr old lab (fully trained)

Mojos (2)

Decoys 4 doz

You'll need the following:

1. Hunting License w/ Federal Waterfowl stamp
    2. Hunters Education card if you were born on or after September 2, 1971
    3. Cooler (keep it in your car) for birds. (I have cooler on boat) Boat? Yes we'll be hunting out of a boat!
    4. Camo - Jacket, Waterproof (if raining etc) remember running 30 mph in cold weather gets chilly
    5. Waders... Not necessarily needed but advised most cases you'll never step out of the boat until were back at the launch.
    6. A shotgun (make sure its legal --- plug not removed!)
    7. Steel Ammo Only! Recommended #2 or #4 shot. No lead is allowed on the boat.

Hope to see a few of you out with me this year!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

do you need a license to do this Coe? I know you do for fishing out of the boat. The reason I ask is b/c my cousin in Eagle Lake works for an outfitter and they asked me if I could guide some hunts (I wouldnt do it now anyway, im not good enough, YET) and I told them I needed a USCG license to take customers out on a boat...was I wrong?

Comment

Give me some beer if this is the case... cash is optional for happy hunting trips

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
        Give me some beer if this is the case... cash is optional for happy hunting trips

hahaha......I might do this. I got beer.

this is a good chance for first timers to try out. You don't need the class if you buy the opt out for hunters education. You just have to hunt with someone that has the H.E. card.

Comment

@ss, gas, or grass: nobody rides for free

Comment

LOL yeah just tell em they were pitching in for gas. Thats a great price though you oughta get some biz. I honestly dont know the answer to that I just assumed it was a requirement if you take them out on the boat. Kinda like ol' mud minnow george that used to hang out at ernies before the storm said...

I'm a tour guide, ill take you out but it aint a fishing trip im just showing you some spots, if you wanna chunk a line go ahead, screw the USCG I know more about fishing this are and safe boating than any guide out there...

-Mud Minnow George, not me

Comment

Not sure about a guides license for duck hunting but I imagine you will need a TWIC card for sure. All the fishing guides are required to have them now. They run about a $130 bucks. Its something Homeland Security started this year.

TWIC= Transportation Workers Identification Credential

AQUA PIMP
              AQUA PIMP......
              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Got one of those for our port properties...

Comment

To take passengers in a boat you need a Coast Guard Captians license and to get the license now, you need a TWIC card. You also need a Texas Guides license and unless you are stupid, you need some kind of liability insurance.

I am going on a "self guided" hunt tomorrow.
                  Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

i got my TWIC
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                      i got my TWIC
                      I heard that homeland security was cracking down on those bbq makers. About time.
                      "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
                      boom

Comment

Originally posted by RonE View Post
                        To take passengers in a boat you need a Coast Guard Captians license and to get the license now, you need a TWIC card. You also need a Texas Guides license and unless you are stupid, you need some kind of liability insurance..
                        Correct...unless your doing it out of a yak. Even to take people bird watching you have to have it.
                        Don't be a Nancy!
                        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

You don't have to have a license to take a couple of friends huntin............

Now if those friends just happen to make a donation to the site, it would be totally a coincident...............
                          Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I'm going to be offering up duck hunting trips this year. Trinity area or West Bay you take your pick.

$60/ gun (2 max)

Trips will be either Saturday or Sunday contact me via PM to set something up. Money will go to the website and help with site maintenance.

5yr old lab (fully trained)

Mojos (2)

Decoys 4 doz

You'll need the following:

1. Hunting License w/ Federal Waterfowl stamp
                            2. Hunters Education card if you were born on or after September 2, 1971
                            3. Cooler (keep it in your car) for birds. (I have cooler on boat) Boat? Yes we'll be hunting out of a boat!
                            4. Camo - Jacket, Waterproof (if raining etc) remember running 30 mph in cold weather gets chilly
                            5. Waders... Not necessarily needed but advised most cases you'll never step out of the boat until were back at the launch.
                            6. A shotgun (make sure its legal --- plug not removed!)
                            7. Steel Ammo Only! Recommended #2 or #4 shot. No lead is allowed on the boat.

Hope to see a few of you out with me this year!
                            how many teal have you shot so far this year

Comment

Originally posted by TXSHOCKWAVE View Post
                              how many teal have you shot so far this year
                              I almost bagged me a few humans I've shot 1 limit so far. 2 morning hunts and 1 afternoon. Afternoon hunt showed me where I needed to be for future hunts but that one opening morning we got pooped on twice should have had at least 1 man limit it was slow for everyone in our pond... All 15 of us that squeezed in... (not going back) ty very much lol

Comment

Working...
                              X