Port Mansfield May 2-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Mansfield May 2-5

Muddskipper and I made our annual trip down to The salty and windy town with our group but was greeted with the nasty 40 knot gusts. We were used to fishing the usual 25-30 but this front left no water at the land cut. It tested our patience and nerves, but we managed to land a few on Sat and an early wade Sun.

The water temp was 80 before the front and dropped 15 degrees on Sat. It was a finicky bite and the smaller trout would just peck and roll on top waters, but it didn't take long before we figured out what the bigger girls wanted. Something big and slow. We went chubby chasin' after some fat girls since them plump girls didn't want to work for their food. My goal this year was to get better with Corkys, so this trip was gratifying as I stuck with it and it paid off for me. They also loved Gamblers in Key Lime Pie - they were inhaling them as one of our guys tossed that the majority of the trip with great success.

Here are a few pics. I wanted to try to get some pics for photo of the month, but it was hard to not be selfish and fish esp when they were biting. CNR the big under the lights on a crappie rig. Netting her with a wading net, Btwn the bottom rails of the pier by myself almost gave me a heart attack. Made ceviche tonight.

Great trip as always with great company.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	574178
    Attached Files
    "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Awesome pics! That ceviche looks great. Thanks for the report.
    What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

sweet. corky fishing at its finest.

Comment

Looks like a great trip! WTG
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good ones! You'd have probably caught more if you'd worn your lucky lamp shade hat.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Lmao! Lamp shade ninja with chart shirt is pretty contradictory aint it, Bruce!? Lol
            "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Working...
            X