No good, the bad & ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No good, the bad & ugly

Ran up to College Station yesterday evening in order to be there at 6:30 this morning for a final good bye to my daughter as she headed off to Virginia for her summer internship. Bad storms last night and a stiff Northeast breeze in CS this morning. On my way back I was trying decide whether to give it a go today or not, as I have never had much luck on a Northeast wind other than at the ANWR in upper East Bay which is a thousand miles from my current home base in Angleton. Around 8:30, as I was approaching Columbus, my buddy Kevin called and asked if I wanted to give it a go, so my mind was made up. I'll cut to the chase. We waded for what seemed like miles and fished Drum Bay damned hard from about 12:30 to 4:30. I had 3 solid hookups (all on a plum treuse assassin) but brought nothing to hand. I really think all 3 were flatties. Kevin caught 1 solid spec (est 22"). As to the conditions, the breeze was light NE to E when we got in the water and was stronger and NE when we left the water. The water visibility was pretty good (for Drum Bay) initially but deteriorated as the day wore on. As an FYI, the surf was rougher and browner that I would have wanted to bother with today but the green water was hanging fairly close and if the winds don't kick too strong this evening, with the strong incoming tide tonight, maybe the good water will come within reasonable reach by daylight tomorrow, but I wouldn't blow my Mom off tomorrow betting on it. As an aside, I considered driving over the bridge to fish the backside of the bridge at SLP which probably had good water and would be protected from a NE wind, but since I haven't fished that spot much for over 30 years now, I blew the idea off, though that is a spot I would kinda like to reacquaint myself with. That's it, some days chicken other days feathers.

Thanks for the report. I know you didn't get anything in hand, but I am still jealous. At least you got out on the water!
    What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

Good report. Better luck next time!
      Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
      "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Working...
      X