Teal Opening Wkend report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teal Opening Wkend report

2 guys b/s'd me at 11pm fri night so I went to a private spot saturday morningwith the pup by myself. Saw 4 teal total, they didnt fly until late. ALOT of woodies. Never fired a shot.

Sun evening hit the coast in a blind we put up last year, saw alot of birds working for this early in the year. 3-4 flights of pintails, about 30-40 teal. Only got a shot at one pair. Me and my buddy both missed and never got another shot. Oh well it was a good time and there is always next wkend!

We had some guys come in 20 min before shooting time needless to say I could have spit on them... Oh well we saw some good birds should have had 3 or 4 at least... Going to hit it one day this week.... I tried West Bay.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

...'should have had 3 or 4 birds' does that mean you missed like me??? lol. You tried the open bay or some marsh shoreline?

Comment

LOL... "It's not that ducks are hard to hit, it's just that they're really easy to miss"

I'm hoping this steady N. wind over the week is gonna bring down a lot of new birds, unfamiliar with the area and just looking for some plastic buddies to hang out with

Comment

yeah I think im leading them too much, im DEFINITELY rusty. Im aiming for the lips this wkend.

Comment

hmmmm.....there was plenty to shoot in Wharton Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post

You don't know. You and Ryan go or what?
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Well then i'm waiting on the invite Gilbert. Ill even give your hose back...

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post

if I ever go hunting with that dipshiat, he's getting peppered in the ***.

Comment

Originally posted by wlgorman View Post
                    Well then i'm waiting on the invite Gilbert. Ill even give your hose back...

you got to make the right kind of friends. I'll see what's up next time we go. Going to George West this weekend to mess around with the dove. Not doing to good shooting in my neighborhood. They don't come down my way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                      Gilver do you have a pics to show us all those ducks? Also you got some pics of those 22 trout you caught after me and barham left that day? I got some to post soon!!
                      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

If anyone has good dove hunting PLACE let me know I have group that will pay for a lease. U GET TO HUNT FREE!!!!
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                          Gilver do you have a pics to show us all those ducks? Also you got some pics of those 22 trout you caught after me and barham left that day? I got some to post soon!!
                          Doves?
                          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                            Doves?
                            Gilbert, Do your have any pics of those doves you spoke about. Also do you have any pics of those 22 trout you caught after me and barham left that day? I usually post those just to rub it in!!! Please post if available . I will post the pics of fish I have caught as well. Have only 2 more to post that are not posted. One is my fish and the other is my friends.Can not wait till deer season, so we can post our pics!!! Fish on brother!!!!
                            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                              thats what I heard. Like I said before let me know i will book the hunt. MEANING for those challenged . find a spot and i will book it and YOU get to hunt for free.
                              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X