New toys from Marburgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toys from Marburgers

Picked up a new Castaway-Skeleton, Wader Special Light, SKF-SRW65L.
    Line wt: 8 - 14 lbs. Lure wt: 1/4 - 1/2 oz. Length: 6 ft. 5 in.

Also had to put on a new reel. Its a Shimano Citica 200E spooled with 10 lb.
    Big Game.

I'm not rich by any means so the rod does not have the Titanium guides and the reel is not a Corado but man it feels super light with a quality feeling to it.
    I can't wait to use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Looks pretty darn good to me!
    Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Thanks RonE.
      I hope it turns out to be a keeper. I'm use to round ABU's and 15 lb. test for surf fishing but those set-ups are starting to feel heavy in my aging hands, not to bad for me 30 years ago but things are changing.

I wanted to edit the original post, but to much time has elapsed, to add.
      The gear ratio is 6.3:1 and wieghs 7.8 oz's
      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

I got 2 skeletons.Loved'em until saturday.Was in the surf at Sargent.Hung a nice fish.The handle was against my beer gut and broke out of the cork.Ended up a big gafftop.I think I'll go back to solid cork handles.You will enjoy that combo..

Comment

Nice rod! I've always wanted to fish with one. That rod is right up my alley, 6'5, light and a fast tip. Tell us how it works out for ya.

Comment

TTU I have fished with that rod since Dec.My first fish on it was a 29" trout.I love it.Probably shouldn't have taken it in the surf.

Comment

2112 Marburgers my be be a little more expinsive than Academy,but more personal service.Know folks by name.

Comment

Nice set up. Not to change the subject, but the billy stix I got last week, rocks!
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
                  2112 Marburgers my be be a little more expinsive than Academy,but more personal service.Know folks by name.
                  Mom & Pop stores like Marburger's are getting real rare and you are right about the service. Todd said I missed Captain Bennie Hatten by 30 minutes.
                  Anyway, I try to shop that store as much as I can for the good stuff that just can't be found at the big outlets.
                  While I was there I put down $300 on layaway towards a Springfield Armory
                  XDm-40. There's not a lot of places you can still do that kind of stuff.

Now I'm kinda worried about that ball cork end. I think I will go fill out the warranty card right now.

Anybody got any good things to say about the Citica?

Comment

The houses in the background I know where you live.if I don't my son can tell me.he's run this place for 17 years.You will enjoy that rod.Just don't use it in the rough surf.

Comment

The Citica is nice-was the "replacement" for the older Curado and they are darn similar as I understand. You'll like it.
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice set up!
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

I used it at the 3005 bridge from the boat after gigging Sat morn. I got a late start and I'm not much of a lure fisherman but I tried fairly hard from about 9:30a-10:30a. There was a tremendous school of 8" mullet hanging on the Galv side in about 7' of water about 75 yds. off the beach and they where steadily being busted and I casted and casted but never got a bump. I was using a couple of different Brown lures but I think they just wanted live, large mullet...off topic and back on...The combo is superb. It's very light in my hands yet feels stout. It really hums a soft plastic waaaay out with that 10 lb. test.
                          No doubt, I'm feeling satisfied with this thing.

I wonder what it's like to use a $350 American Rodsmith HT3 and a $300 Curado?

Comment

Originally posted by 2112 View Post
                            I wonder what it's like to use a $350 American Rodsmith HT3 and a $300 Curado?

If your catching fish it's great, if not, well it sucks!
                            Don't be a Nancy!
                            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

i've become a curado fan as well...the frist couple of cast were a laugh but once i broke it in..sweet...... been a lifelong abu fan.....well i had no choice in that daddy was a rep.......fuzzy you did'nt tell me you broke that "funny rod" haha
                              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                              X