Blood on the plastic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood on the plastic!

Popped the cherry on the new duck yak yesterday The boat handled perfectly. Very stable, the seat is just as comfortable as it gets, and it has plenty of storage. It could easily handle another dozen big dekes and another dozen teal dekes I think. It is also very easy to conceal.

I set up my spread and had a few small flocks fly over me just before LST. No matter as they were just out of range and not interested in the decoys. A while later a group of 3 landed in the spread. Have no idea how I missed them coming but they saw me at the same time I saw them. They were already airborne as I brought up the gun and I did some less-than-stellar shooting and managed to bring down one.

The weather was very pleasant, it was a pretty morning, and I didn't get skunked. It's fun watching seagulls work the decoys. They work better on gulls than they do on teal Not a meat haul by anyone's standards but it was a fun first of what will be many hunts in the new yak.

Thanks for the report.

Comment

Cool! If I was a duck hunter, I'd think about joining you one morning.
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I don't hunt.But a red yak to duck hunt from.I probably would turtle at recoil.

Comment

Sweet.....Hunting is too expensive! I would rather be wading in bad weather than looking for birds coming at me. Looks like you are set up well!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

MJ:

That Remington looks like it needs some oil! Nice report on the quackers. I'd paint that yak camo. Thanks for the report and good luck killing (ducks or fish)!!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Cool! If I was a duck hunter, I'd think about joining you one morning.
              You're more than welcome to join me and try it out one morning. That stuff is addicting though...

I don't hunt.But a red yak to duck hunt from.I probably would turtle at recoil.
              The red is to hide the blood The thing is a tunnel-hull and ridiculously stable since it is a sit in and has the low center of gravity thing going on. Plus I pull it up on the grass so its not floating. If I lose my paddle I can shoot backwards and propel myslef with the recoil

Sweet.....Hunting is too expensive!
              You've got that right!

That Remington looks like it needs some oil!
              It always needs oil. That thing is a rust bucket. I clean it and corrosion-X the heck out of it after every trip, and it still gets rusty. I'm considering getting it duracoated or teflon coated. It'll have to do for now though.

Comment

lets go friday am.

no class til noon.

Comment

MJ;

We just messin with ya!! Nice rig and gun-heck my 12s are rusty big time-maybe I shouldn't drop em in marsh water!!?????
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                  X