8-Fingered Fishing in Trinity 9/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-Fingered Fishing in Trinity 9/13

Got to fish INSIDE the HL&P Spillway again with my dad. It was once again an amazing trip. Got there late at 7:30am but it didn't matter. At 8:12, we had our limit of reds. It would have been even quicker than that if I hadn't hooked a 39.5 inch hoss (which was released by the way). After our limit we caught many many more. We caught maybe one rat red to every two keepers. The quality of the fish was ridiculous compared to normal for this place. We caught most of the fish on live shrimp. Only a few were hungry for arties. The reason of the title is because I have two broken fingers. It was interesting holding onto the rod when the bull was running around. You can see me in the first pic hanging on with my thumb and index. And I can't work a topwater for at least 5 more weeks until I get the splints off. Thankfully this didn't happen for summertime when I was home.

But it felt great to finally dip my line in the salt again and I can't wait for some bird action in the fall!

And I'm not afraid of fish slime! I had to keep the bandages clean.

XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Awesome fun with the reds!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Great time! How did you break two fingers? OUCH!!!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Man I'm jealous!!!!

Did you haul any in with the MG? That would be a pretty nice fight lol

Comment

Dude, that is a nice red. Good job out there! Thanks for the report.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            Great time! How did you break two fingers? OUCH!!!
            playing football the night before my first day of college. made for a memorable first day of college getting xrays
            XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
              Man I'm jealous!!!!

Did you haul any in with the MG? That would be a pretty nice fight lol
              nah i didn't even take it. i just used my ambassadeur winch with 15 lb test haha
              XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

Comment

Nice report son.

Comment

nice...
                  sigpic

Comment

nice catching.congrats
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Cool. I can probably go with ya all next time-call me (especially since I can't get in there)!!
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                      X