Chocolate hazard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate hazard

Right past marker 39 and 40 there is a big tree caught on a shell reef on the edge of the channel. Marker 39 and 40 are the two lighted markers you come to first when leaving the bridge heading towards the bay. The tree is on the left side when heading out towards the bay. Very hard to spot in low light conditions or dark. Didn't try to move it Monday because I wasn't in my boat but I will try Friday when I'm back out there next. Be careful!

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

It isn't a palm tree is it?

Thanks for the info.
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Drag it to the jerk's house on Jolly Roger at Jam Beach and tie it off to his dock-he's the one with the pontoon boat.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up..If I can get a flight I should be able to make it down for a weekend pretty soon and potlick some of your reefs haha.

Robalo- Good idea! lol

Comment

TTU Wader:

You should fish this weekend since THE GAME is Saturday and you'd be better off fishing instead of crying in yur beer!!! Good luck to Tech and better luck to the Horns!! May the best team win and aren't we both glad ou lost 2 weeks ago so no repeat of last year!! Potts is good and I am concerned about him-he may be better than Graham Harrell was. I will be watching the game and hope I aint crying in my beer! Go Horns!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

What ver happend to the Palm dragger?
            NoBama

Comment

thanks AP I am usually hugging that side of he channel in my jon boat. I need a bigger boat!!!
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

I try not to be stopped by Barney-and he ususally drives by and sometimes stops to talk, but I actually haven't had an occasion to speak with him, so I do not know what they did to the dragger. If I find out, I will post.

I just emailed Officer Hubbell and asked-will advise when he responds.
                Last edited by Robalo; September 17, 2009, 08:34 AM.

Comment

robalo,
                  i live in JB .... are you talkin about the guy who drug a palm tree out in the bay???
                  i passed him coming in the main canal a while back....not very navigation friendly...
                  thanks for the heads up aqua pimp
                  Captain Glenn Stevens
                  Coastal Guide Service
                  www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Yessir. I contacted the JBPD after Memorial Day weekend and sent them pics of him hauling that Palm Tree with his TX boat numbers visible and him behind the wheel. Never heard back from them. They said they had another complaint about it and I hoped they filed because he (JBPD) never asked me to sign a formal complaint, so I just figure the other person did. Regardless, I did see that palm dragger properly dispose of another Palm, so maybe he got the message or was charged. What a moron. I was pretty mad that someone could be that stupid and careless and his actions could have easily killed someone-I do a fair amount of night boating and saw the tree floating in Jumbile and was scared to death coming back from my brother's place at Sea Isle that Saturday night-slowed to a crawl from the point near Shell Isle all the way to Jamaica's canals. I guess some folks heard "Rain" instead of "Brain" when brains were being given out-bet the POS voted for Obama also and likely thinks the current Galveston City Council (yes, I don't get to vote in their election, but still suffer from their actions) is top notch, honest and did all of Galveston a service during Ike-NOT! I hope to hear from Hubbell and find out-that guy should have been fined at the very least. Many of us thought (but we don't want to lower ourselves to his moronic level though) about painting "Tree Dragger" on his pontoon boat-was kind of interesting that he covered the boat up after the weekend, so he likely heard he was an idiot form his neighbors or the cops. He's just around the corner of last bend of canal on Jolly Roger side-has stumps in his yard-I guess his neighbors were lucky that when he felled the tree, it went into canal instead of houses-most folks have sectional removal, but not him-he cut it at base as 1 piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                      Yessir. I contacted the JBPD after Memorial Day weekend and sent them pics of him hauling that Palm Tree with his TX boat numbers visible and him behind the wheel. Never heard back from them. They said they had another complaint about it and I hoped they filed because he (JBPD) never asked me to sign a formal complaint, so I just figure the other person did. Regardless, I did see that palm dragger properly dispose of another Palm, so maybe he got the message or was charged. What a moron. I was pretty mad that someone could be that stupid and careless and his actions could have easily killed someone-I do a fair amount of night boating and saw the tree floating in Jumbile and was scared to death coming back from my brother's place at Sea Isle that Saturday night-slowed to a crawl from the point near Shell Isle all the way to Jamaica's canals. I guess some folks heard "Rain" instead of "Brain" when brains were being given out-bet the POS voted for Obama also and likely thinks the current Galveston City Council (yes, I don't get to vote in their election, but still suffer from their actions) is top notch, honest and did all of Galveston a service during Ike-NOT! I hope to hear from Hubbell and find out-that guy should have been fined at the very least. Many of us thought (but we don't want to lower ourselves to his moronic level though) about painting "Tree Dragger" on his pontoon boat-was kind of interesting that he covered the boat up after the weekend, so he likely heard he was an idiot form his neighbors or the cops. He's just around the corner of last bend of canal on Jolly Roger side-has stumps in his yard-I guess his neighbors were lucky that when he felled the tree, it went into canal instead of houses-most folks have sectional removal, but not him-he cut it at base as 1 piece.
                      That palm tree he drug out there provided a weekend of entertainment... I was jumping it the whole weekend I feel bad if you have an outboard my mud motor kicks up when I hit things so sliding over log jams is no thing.
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

he is what we call a "clueless boater" im glad you talked with jbpd
                        if i punched a nice hole in the whaler with that tree id be a little
                        po'd.....cant fix stupid ...a large portion of those who own and drive pontoon boats honestly do not have a clue about boating.....
                        karma has a way of weeding them out
                        Captain Glenn Stevens
                        Coastal Guide Service
                        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Working...
                        X