Got some salt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some salt!

I had the chance so I went out this afternoon. I wasnt very productive but enjoyed my time on the water. No fish, but the coolest moment of the day was as I was drifting a flat in west bay, something caught my eye and I looked down and a 3 ft wide stingray swam right beneath me in front of the boat. I dont really like rays, but it was neat to see this thing just flying along.

Unfortunately, the only thing I caught was a buzz, lol, but I did put in at 2004/Chocolate Bayour and run down to SLP and up into Cold Pass. Needless to say, most of my time was spent running and checking out the fish camps and other destruction.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Nothing Wrong with Catchin a Buzz!!

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
      I had the chance so I went out this afternoon. I wasnt very productive but enjoyed my time on the water. No fish, but the coolest moment of the day was as I was drifting a flat in west bay, something caught my eye and I looked down and a 3 ft wide stingray swam right beneath me in front of the boat. I dont really like rays, but it was neat to see this thing just flying along.

Unfortunately, the only thing I caught was a buzz, lol, but I did put in at 2004/Chocolate Bayour and run down to SLP and up into Cold Pass. Needless to say, most of my time was spent running and checking out the fish camps and other destruction.

I was there and didn't see you. What was you running? I left when my 6 pack of 16 ozers ran out.
      Total catch....3 gafftop, 3 trout, 2 sand trout...all from the birds.
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Majek Redfish 19, older model. I spent some time in Chocolate Bay, down to West Bay/Mud flats, down to SLP & Cold Pass, then back again. I was out of the water around 6:30 PM. What were you running?
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Honestly. most of my time was wasted, I looked for some birds, but not for long, the wind was a little more than I expected and my plans changed quickly when I found a big tear in my cast net.

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
            Majek Redfish 19, older model. I spent some time in Chocolate Bay, down to West Bay/Mud flats, down to SLP & Cold Pass, then back again. I was out of the water around 6:30 PM. What were you running?
            18ft shallpwsport. I ran Chocolate to the mouth, which is where the birds were. Down to Bastrop, thru to Christmas then Colds Pass. Back to Titlum Tatlum and Coach's place, then out and back. Drifted shell in Bastrop, found some slicks coming out of calf deep water at Colds(flounder???? maybe), and then the birds again in Chocolate. Gafftop showed up the last time, or run back in. I was off the water by 11:30. I should of waded, but just wanted to look around and run some. My boat really isn't set up for working birds, as I took the trolling motor off. The majority of the time I prefer to wade. Threw only rootbeer devil eye's.
            You work shiftwork and if so, what schedule?
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Yeah shift work per se. I work on a drilling rig so I work 14 days on and 14 days off. My schedule is a little messed up right now because I am doing some training, but after next week it will be back to 14/14, a Wednesday to a Wednesday. You?

Semper Fi!

Comment

Working...
              X