Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading out to Salvadore Saturday 09/18/09

Heading out 09/19/09 Not 18th.
    This is the 1st time I go offshore in a private boat. The boat is a 2 year old 26 foot Robalo with twin 250's. Should be back Saturday night. There still room for 1 or 2

Any tips on what to take besides rod and reel would be appreciated. I am geard for inshor but not offshore.
    Last edited by PasadenaMan; September 17, 2009, 02:53 PM. Reason: Correct date.
    NoBama

Have a good time and be safe. The wind is coming out of the north, so you should have good seas. Post a report when you return on solid ground.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I think that dude you're goning with has enough tackle, But if you want, I got some good set ups at the house for sale. $150 each. They are good kingfish rods with Shimano Torium 30 Reels.

Comment

Just be careful and come back safe Josh........just watch and learn and always ask questions when you don't know something.....and make sure the skipper briefs you on where all of the safety gear is. Have fun.....youll enjoy it!!
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
          I think that dude you're goning with has enough tackle, But if you want, I got some good set ups at the house for sale. $150 each. They are good kingfish rods with Shimano Torium 30 Reels.
          Imight have to take you up on one of those toriums. Do yo have a pic? Of the rod & Reel of course. What is it spooled with? I am taking my TLD on a Broom stick rod and my Pen 320 GT2 on a sturdy stick.
          Last edited by PasadenaMan; September 17, 2009, 03:26 PM.
          NoBama

Comment

Originally posted by PasadenaMan View Post
            Imight have to take you up on one of those toriums. Do yo have a pic? Of the rod & Reel of course. What is it spooled with? I am taking my TLD on a Broom stick rod and my Pen 320 GT2 on a sturdy stick.
            Do yourself a favor and find the hatch where the bilge pumps are. Every now and then look in there and check for water. It gives you peace of mind!
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

10-4 Flatout. There is still room for 2 people if anyone is intrested. He has all the tackle u just need to bring a rod and reel. Looks like its going to cost $125.

Ant Takers? I will pay 50 Bucks of 1 person if they want to go. SOunds like a good deal? All you have to pay is about $75 for a trip 60 miles out
              ? Call me 832-316-2015
              NoBama

Comment

good catching to yall
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Damm dude, that's pretty generous, if I wasn't already going with another friend iof mine, I would jump on it.

Comment

Guess there are no takers. Thanks all! I know its going to be a busy weekend for fwe
                    NoBama

Comment

I'll be glad to go!
                      Are you leaving from Freeport?
                      Tim Casper

Comment

Give me a call. 832-316-4511
                        Yes from surside marina if we get the crew.
                        Last edited by PasadenaMan; September 18, 2009, 04:39 PM.
                        NoBama

Comment

Salvadore

Unable to get you at that #
                          Call 713-824-1100
                          Tim Casper

Comment

Sorry about that my # is 832-316-2015
                            NoBama

Comment

Ok My firends, Jorge(boat owner), Mariner52, my self and Kevindog312 from 2cool are leaving at 6am from Surfside Marina in a 30 foot Grady with twin Yamaha 250s and plan to go out to Saladore ridge and troll most the day. We plan to return no later than 8pm.

I will post when I get back. Just in case no hears from me after midnight feel free to give me a call anytime after 9pm to check on us. You never know what can happen out there. The boat has safety equipment but you cant ever be too safe.
                              832-316-2015
                              NoBama

Comment

Working...
                              X