Moses Reds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moses Reds!

The wife and I along with our 2 other friends Kevin and Linda met at the Fish Spot Ramp for our search of some fish to turn into the Memorial Tournament. We were arm with Live Shrimps and a bag full of Plastic baits and a few Tops. Kevin was the Leader and placed us in the back part of the Lake, the water a little off color with a light Westerly wind .. The wife chucking Shrimps with a Popping cork and I throwing my go to favorite ( the Red Shad ) Our 1st spot only produced a few pulls with no Ice Box Fishes. We made several more drifts in the back parts with still no real serious finds of the Big 3.
    Made a move towards the deep hole and decided to anchor up, within a few minutes I'd snagged a few small croakers and reds with my new Brown plastic lures ( which I like ). The wife screams get the net and yelp she is bowed up, using her trusted Zebco 808 reel this fish is giving her a ride.. hehehe, she made 1 1/2 trips around the boat jumping over what she could.. Good excercise I say, coaching her all the way we landed this monster. A Beaut of a Red just over 26" and fat... Ok, everything goes back to normal.. Me chunking my little arms off and missing a few hits with New Penny Gulps, another scream.. Oh Boy here we go again.. Yelp she's dancing with Mr Red again, not as big put a solid Slot Red.. High 5's giving and back to fishing... I kept saying to self, self come on... My wife ( Debbie ) is one lucky lady sometimes, I mean she married me . It was getting late and we had been watching Kevin and Linda and I mean Linda whacking the Reds too... I saw a big swirl close to the shoreline and instructed Debbie to cast as far as she could, Yelp another Red was boxed. Deb's 1st ever limited of Reds with one that was a solid chance of placing in the Tournament. Today it was all about Kevin and I wife's ( the boys against the girls ) we got our butts whipped for sure as Kevin and I came up empty handed but enjoyed watching our girls fight them hard pulling Reds.. A Great Day with our friends Kevin and Linda, Congrats to Linda on her limit of Reds too!

the Pursit of the Big Red:

the Catch:

Show off:

The Trophy:

wd

Thanks for the report and congratulations to your wife. What a thrill for her. She has the trophey, and reds on the cleaning table, does she clean the fish as well ?
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Way to go Walt and Mama Juggs! Good to see all of you out there catchin' fish....Well at least the girls!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Congrats! It was nice seeing you out there.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
          Thanks for the report and congratulations to your wife. What a thrill for her. She has the trophey, and reds on the cleaning table, does she clean the fish as well ?
          Man don't I wish, the girl is a gem for sure but she ain't cleaning no stinking fish..

E21:
          Thanks, wish we had of talked... We're kinda shy at times and wasn't sure if that was you and your wife!

Comment

Nice job WD and DD! Those reds were just running back and forth along the shoreline we were at. Our wives should have made the post!

Comment

why do we spend all that money on reels ???
              the ol zebco 808 got the job done!!!
              congrats... nice report
              Captain Glenn Stevens
              Coastal Guide Service
              www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Sorry so late but here is a pic of Lindas first limit of reds +1 and the second pic were the two biggest that missed biggest stringer by a pound.

I gave her my rod while I was trying to put some things up and the rod buckled over and I just told her to reel it in since all my fish were lost at the boat. It sure was nice to have the ladies catch a limits.

Comment

Very nice Girls. Next time let the guys catch a few!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

looks like it was a win win situwation for the ladys
                    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Yes, it was a lady's day as the girls did really well in the tournament. Congrats
                      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Very nice! Congrats on some nice Reds

AQUA PIMP
                        AQUA PIMP......
                        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Great report and pics-nice catchin to the Ladies!

Yep, I'm gonna trash my Chronarchs and Curados and get me a Zebco 808-that must be my problem with no catching!!

Thanks for the fine report.
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

My wife uses a Zebco 808 and she always catches more fish than me. I use a Curado on a Castaway Rod.

Comment

Ya but we look good with our high dollar rods,reels and fishing shirts.May be going to Moses in the mourning.

Comment

Working...
                              X