Gigging Trip Friday with 2112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigging Trip Friday with 2112

Thanks Bert for showing me the ropes. It was a little slow but we made the most of it. Believe we ended the night with 8? Anyway I got a picture I'll post later of Berts double sting...he popped one and before I knew it, he was slinging another.
    We ended the night at Sandy's camp for a little R&R before the trip home. Good night with some good peeps!

Note to self: barefoot and flounder slime don't mix well on metal!!!!
    Last edited by FlatoutFishin; September 20, 2009, 05:38 PM.
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
    Thanks Bert for showing me the ropes. It was a little slow but we made the most of it. Believe we ended the night with 8? Anyway I got a picture I'll post later of Berts double sting...he popped one and before I knew it, he was slinging another.
    We ended the night at Sandy's camp for a little R&R before the trip home. Good night with some good peeps!

Monte did you slip and fall? OUCH!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post

Especially after a 6 pack.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I had a little slip, but it wasn't to bad. We had a lot of fun, that was my first time on a fan boat and Bert showed me the ropes. Pretty cool pulling up in a drain and seeing redfish, stingrays, flounder, and all kinds of stuff. I enjoyed it big time.
        I took it easy yesterday and just watched football all day and that helped me out a bunch...kind of helped out with the wife too. I was planning on hitting it some where, but just stayed home and chilled, and she was happy...I think.

Heres berts 2 back to backs from Friday.
        Attached Files
        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I must say Monte is first class in a boat. We got stuck on bars several times (thats to be expected running a boat in the shallows at night) and before I had time to register the coarse of action as in to go left, right back-up or get out, Monte would be in the water and pushing!
          The slip was not Montes fault but mine. I think he was draining a beer when I goosed the outboard too hard and, well...Thud! It was not has bad as it looked. I thought he might had busted is head on the stearing arm but he just missed it. With a lot of grace he got up and resumed the hunt.
          Over all the fish just we're not there and sometimes thats how it goes. For those who may be interested. The sloughs and cuts into the marsh are full of keeper reds at night.
          Monte. It was a pleasure and you would be welcome anytime.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
          Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Originally posted by 2112 View Post
            I must say Monte is first class in a boat. We got stuck on bars several times (thats to be expected running a boat in the shallows at night) and before I had time to register the coarse of action as in to go left, right back-up or get out, Monte would be in the water and pushing!
            The slip was not Montes fault but mine. I think he was draining a beer when I goosed the outboard too hard and, well...Thud! It was not has bad as it looked. I thought he might had busted is head on the stearing arm but he just missed it. With a lot of grace he got up and resumed the hunt.
            Over all the fish just we're not there and sometimes thats how it goes. For those who may be interested. The sloughs and cuts into the marsh are full of keeper reds at night.
            Monte. It was a pleasure and you would be welcome anytime.
            I actually had a good laugh out of that one...it was the other fall I was talking about.
            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I only remember one fall into the back by the transome. What was the other?
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
              Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Originally posted by 2112 View Post
                I only remember one fall into the back by the transome. What was the other?
                Stepping down off the front after my slaps got stuck in the mud and you'd just stuck them two flatties. The bottom was slick and I landed across the edge on my elbows and back.....It didn't hurt too bad. Well the next morning maybe a little!!!

I've had worse.....not 007 type stuff, but bad enough.
                Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                X