Skunked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skunked

Anticipated all week, launched from Russels @ 0715, straight out to S. Shoreline. Waded with tops - no luck. Finally landed one trout - lure may have been bigger than fish! Drifted mid bay on perceived slicks, searched for honey holes to call my own. Few hits but no takers.

Only my 2nd trip to E. Matagorda so I still claim to be in my "grace period". Any advice appreciated?

Also, is there an unwritten rule not to use croaker in Matagorda?

When will both locks be open full time?

Mo,

Sorry about your your trip, but that bay is finicky sometimes, especially with weekend traffic. The Croaker issue is more sensitive there than most. If you were fishing everyday single day with the Croaks and bringing in limits, then you may have a problem, otherwise don't worry about it. Have fun and enjoy the bay. Also, don't discount the West Mat Bay. That whole south shoreline from Pipeline to Greens is great fishing. As far as the lock goes, just call Russel....he should be able to give you an update. Best of luck!

Comment

Mell,
      Thanks. If East lock is open full time, can you access West Bay through the Colorado avoiding West lock all together? Have heard conflicting reports.

Comment

Not sure you can to my knowledge......maybe if you have an airboat.

Comment

Working...
        X