East Matty 9-20-09 report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Matty 9-20-09 report

I went back to a spot that had been consistant for me the past few weeks and it was on once again.We had 2 man limits of trout to 4 lbs and 1 flounder around 3lbs.We kept 10 of the trout and the flounder for cooking. I caught most all my fish on a corky devil and the rest on small top waters.The key is fishing the high tide and the outgoing side of the tidal flow so I've had to adjust my fishing times to coinside with the tide.There wasn't a breath of wind yesterday and it was completely calm until mid morning when we finished up.Look for bait on the south shoreline and diving pelicans.When fishing the topwaters we were throwing the baits out and just letting them sit there without twiching or reeling them in.Then when we started to reel them in we were just crawling them in and barely twitching them with extreemly long pauses in the retrieve.The less motion the better.The trout wanted the bait just sitting there with no movement,that has been the pattern for the last couple of weeks.If your working the topwater and getting blowups and no hookups try what has been working for me.Let it sit without working it barely moving the topwater.

East Matagorda Bay

Thanks for the report, lots of good info.

Comment

was invited on the trip but didnt make it good fishin Rick.
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nice job Rick! Thanks for the report.
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

This was the same spot I took Corndog and Mikey01 to about a month ago....I think I freaked Mikey01 out with that long run in the dark....However, I didn't show them the money spot that trip...can't show your hand all the time...I took Capt. Stan from Fintastic Coastal Charters and showed him where they are.Hopefully he'll do good in the CCA Guides cup next week.It's all there Reds,Trout and Flounder....About a month ago I was wearing them out and ole corndog and Mikey01 was honing in on me..........I went back to the boat and corndog and mikey01 never made it to the spot and of course I never said a word...to them... thats the sneekypete way...lol

Comment

Cant loose me im in your hip pocket coach,thinking about hitten it with the old 4wheeler tomorrow.

Comment

Lurefisher, you need to be there early...tide has been starting out early and the bite has been shutting down shortly after day break....get there around 5-5:30...

Comment

Well that means leave at 3 30 a.m.,maybe i will come out with the big girl .I see the tide is high this even at 7.00 you want to meet some where after work?

Comment

Yea, we got out of the boat at 5am yesterday....you know me I like those early morning trips...

Comment

Thats why i never go to sleep like last trip huh!What did ol Forest Hollester think about that desiel running at the ramp!

Comment

He was wondering how early he had to get there to beat us out...needless to say he was surprised to see me already launched when he got there...he ask if i'm fishing by myself...i told him no my partner was there in the truck sleeping so I wouldn't leave you...

Comment

HEHE lol thats the only time i beat ya to the ramp,i like it like that i can drink all i want and not be late!

Comment

I'll be at it on saturday in east.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
                            This was the same spot I took Corndog and Mikey01 to about a month ago....I think I freaked Mikey01 out with that long run in the dark....However, I didn't show them the money spot that trip...can't show your hand all the time...I took Capt. Stan from Fintastic Coastal Charters and showed him where they are.Hopefully he'll do good in the CCA Guides cup next week.It's all there Reds,Trout and Flounder....About a month ago I was wearing them out and ole corndog and Mikey01 was honing in on me..........I went back to the boat and corndog and mikey01 never made it to the spot and of course I never said a word...to them... thats the sneekypete way...lol
                            I can keep up I been tying knots
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                              Thats why i never go to sleep like last trip huh!What did ol Forest Hollester think about that desiel running at the ramp!
                              Hollis Forester isnt it?
                              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                              X