Salvadore Ridge 09/19/09 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvadore Ridge 09/19/09 Report

Well guys, I Mariner52 and I along with 3 friends from 2cool headed out Saturday from Surfsiide Marina at 6:30. We took a few minutes to go over the safety equipment, where everything was, basic rules to follow on his boat. I was given a quick lesson on how to deploy 40 foot outriggers.

We took off and we ran about 31 mph or knots all the way there. It was the a nice ride there. I Took my new TLD25 and Rod with the 150# power pro. I was glad to see that Jorge, the Boat owner had a few of them onboard. Jorge and I dfeployed the outriggers and we started to setup the lines and move them out. We had Ballywhoo with skirts on them.

We trolled most of the day and we wer talking about how we had not seen any wahoo all year and about 10 minutes later the downrigger line started peeling off. Wouln't you know it, after the fight was over, Jorge had a nice 3-4 foot Wahoo, looked awsome. By the time we tried to gaf it, it got off with the bait and skirt.

My friend Mariner52 had a birdnest so I decided to get it loose and righ it up with another ballywho and skirt. I must hav elet about 150 yards of line out to get allt he loose mono out of there and just decided to place that line on the farthest outrigger spot. 2 minutes later something hits me on the head and it was the Line i just set out. I grabbed the pole and pulled up and tighted the drag and handed the rod ro Mariner52. I attached the fighting belt to thim and it was on. After about 10 minutes we saw that it was a Black Fin Tuna. I did not catch it but felt just as good since i rigged and deployed the line.

We found 2 shrimp bouts about 53 miles out and my we decided to troll around the 2 boats. after 4 trips around one boat we ended up with double hook up. My Rod and Reel fired off, Jorge, the boat owner was quick to grab it and set the drag and the fist was on. About 15 seconds later another line started to peel, it ws Mariner52's rod and reel. He was at the HELM and let me try to reel it in.
    I fought my fish for about 5 minutes and got it close to the boat and it was a medium size kingfish. BOB gaffed it and we palced it in the Fish Bag. Jorge was still fighting his fish on my rig and it was taking off like there was no end in the line. Its spooled with 600 yards so It was not a problem. After 10+ minutes I gaffed the Kingfish and we all high fived heach other. It was a team effort. Could not have gone better.

We stopped right behind the shirmp boat stern to stern and could see the fish below after chumming. Thats when I caught the Ling.

I was given the opertunity to take the helm and boy is it hard to go in a steer in a straight line. I could not stay within 40 degrees of 270 on the way out there like wise on the way back on 330. I would look back and the trail looked like S's
    The water was like glass on the way back.
    We ended up catching

1 Black Fin Tuna
    3 Mahi
    3 Kings
    1 Ling (1" too short, released)
    1 Wahoo (Got loose)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PasadenaMan; September 21, 2009, 02:51 PM.
    NoBama

Good job ya'll! It's all about the pull!!
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Sweet report, sounds like a great time.

Comment

great job!!! glad you have a good time, and thanks for the report.

Comment

Nice report and pics-way to go Pasadena Man!!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

The boat was exactly like this one but the Out rigger parts were way better than the one in the picture.
            NoBama

Comment

And ya weren't trolling in a canal like the two idjits in the pic!!!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

nice

Comment

Nice report and Pics! I can't wait to head out again to find some tuna. Tuna and football, But those kings you got make me want to fire up the grill!

Comment

Hey man.. Ya'll did good!! Ya'll should have bottom dropped, the Red Snapper were very scarce and the B-Liners and Lanes were hungry!

Comment

I must have done pretty good out there. The boat owner asked for my contact information incase he gets to go out again in a month. No one "Fed the fish" I did not even need any dramamin.
                      NoBama

Comment

Great for ya PMan! Hope ya get some more tunas!!

Comment

Working...
                        X