Lockjaw Reds Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockjaw Reds Today

Went out early this AM and headed to the pass. Fished the flat behind and just west of Bird Island and got skunked. Decided to go after some reds. Hit a back lake I have had some success with but when I got there was surprised at how little water there was. Crept up to the shore and reds were busting all up in the reeds right on the flippin' shore. I mean ON THE SHORE. Easy to see them as they were in water that just a few inches at deepest...had half their backs out of the water facing the shore. I threw everything but the kitchen sink at 'em. Paddle tails, top waters, you name I chucked it at em. Many gave it a look but would ignore it or bust out of there. Hooked one nice red on the pink corky and had another spit it and that was it. I threw at over 25 individual reds within two hours with TWO hook ups! Unreal morning...fish were extremely skittish and extremely disinterested in what I had to offer. That kind of fishing is a blast though and I have seen lockjaw before...happens a few times a year but this was unreal. Wish I had a GULP...about the only thing I didn't try!

Good news is they are thick out there...go get 'me if you can. You'll have done better than me!
    sigpic

Lockjaw Reds Today

Cool report
    Karma's a beach.

Comment

Makes for a tough day - I've had the same thing happen - I was in the middle of literally hundreds one time and I couldn't garner one bit of interest in 2 hours of fishing. Sometimes you're just not holding your mouth right I think.
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

thanks for reporting...

Comment

that's insane.. but awesome
          "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
            . Sometimes you're just not holding your mouth right I think.
            That's probably it...
            sigpic

Comment

go smaller! they are keyed in on small grass shrimp. Start livin' right nd use a flyrod!

Comment

Lockjaw Reds Today

Brad you sure you weren't sleeping instead of fishing?
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tidalguide View Post
                  go smaller! they are keyed in on small grass shrimp. Start livin' right nd use a flyrod!
                  X2, Small shrimp fly and spoon fly has worked well for me this week. The one I cleaned for dinner had quarter sized crab in his belly. Also, I had to pull it rite in front of their nose, they were not going out of there way to get anything.

Comment

Lockjaw Reds Today

Heck Brad, next time just hit up Mike for some gulp. He's always got plenty along with popping corks and egg sinkers!
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Lockjaw Reds Today

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                      Heck Brad, next time just hit up Mike for some gulp. He's always got plenty along with popping corks and egg sinkers!
                      Ha!
                      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Re: Lockjaw Reds Today

When this happens try bug lures.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Lockjaw Reds Today

Originally posted by Sisco Kid View Post
                          When this happens try bug lures.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
                          I've been wanting to try them. Where'd you pick them up?
                          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice report. It happens and youll get em next time.
                            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by ibtsoom View Post
                              brad you sure you weren't sleeping instead of fishing?

it's his secret to success . Praying for fish . That's why they put pading on the knee area of neoprene waders .
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X