Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas

My son told me he put Chevron Techron in his boat and gained 4mph on his boat.So is it Chevron gas or just the premium grade?

Chevron has techron (misspell) in it and I was told it does wonders. Anyway, Albert (Wellwader) and I use PRI-G in every tank and I really think it has helped. Let me know if you want more information about the PRI-G product.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

which you can use instead of Yamaha ring free. I can't remember, but I'm thinking it's the same.

Comment

I still like my 9MPG reg unleaded no additives
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Heck I thought you where talking about what cheese enchilada's do to me at first. I will buy some Cheveron today. As soon as my wife wakes up we are going to Moses Lake.

Comment

I've used Chevron gas exclusively since my fishing pard and anal engineer for S&B engineering said the Techron additive is really great. He does research on everything and knows the modulus of action on all the different fishing rods and came up with a way to twick the REVO PREMIER reel to make a gizmo a little better and their rep passed it on to the company. I don't know what he's talking about half the time. But ,if he says to buy this rod or that reel , I take his word on it. By the way, it seems my Yamaha 150 carburator outboard unfortunately runs alot better on premium gas. Another thread had a fishing trip cut short yesterday by ethanol /water in the line. Need a water filter on the fuel line as close to the engine as possible.
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Use a 10 micron filter also. Keeps the small stuff out. Stabill additive is great as well. I use it every time I add gas. Makes a big difference on my Yamaha 2 stroke 150.
              If we don't leave any, there won't be any.

Comment

Additive

Academy has the StaBil for ethanol. 20 bucks for a large size. Way better price than AutoZone....
                Fishwhisperer

Comment

sadly i treat the boat better than the truck.. i throw preminum in the gas tank and it seems to be running alot better..

Comment

Let me just give ya'll some insight.......I'm still a certified underground tank installer. I used to build gas stations and all of the fuel line and tank work that was involved with it. From talking to management all the way down to the tank truck driver I've discovered that EVERYONE buys their fuel from the same rack(usually the cheapest). Judging from the turn around that these guys do I don't see any time for a driver to add any kind of special formulas to their fuel. So.....IMHO, as long as you buy your fuel from a "newer" gas station, you're pretty much getting the same fuel that the place across the street has. It's like comparing Penzoil to Exxon Mobile oils.
                    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

anyone else use Star tron????i have been running some in every tank
                      also ring free...on a yamaha 200 hpdi.. supposed to be great for ethanol
                      problems...explorer 21 send me a pm on the product you are talkin about ...thanks
                      Captain Glenn Stevens
                      Coastal Guide Service
                      www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

007 is right ...

Shell is one of those stations that when you buy premium you are buying their brand.

BUT your outboads are not designed to run the higher octane gas.....read your owners manual ...

You could be doing more harm than good.

Put the fuel filter closer to your fuel tank, and use fresh gas, as it goes bad after 2- 3 months. Boats have an open style tank that allows moistier in.
                        I use the Stabil Marine Formula, make sure you run it through your line and motor, dont just stick it in the tank and put it up.

Not running your boat is the worst thing you could do .... GO FISH !!!
                        FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Thanks. Sounds like good information from guys who know what they are talking about.
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

What are you suppose to do with the gas if it goes bad?

Comment

syphon it out with a tube if you can.. i had to do that when i first bought my boat. the gas had been sitting in there for over a year collecting moisture and debris...

Comment

Working...
                              X