Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The boat search... Need help

Hey everyone

Thanks for the info about my last post "boat input" I have my Robalo for sale and have had some people offer for trades and one of them is this boat. Its a "Lightning" as the guy told me but I can't find any info online. He says its an 18'6 tunnel hull. Anyone have any input? It looks pretty cool, havn't seen it in person but here are some pics.
    Attached Files

That thing looks fast just sitting on the water.

Have you looked at the SCB's?
    Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Sorry, never heard of it. It looks like a fresh water boat that really goes fast as per the name. Do you really need to go 70 MPH ? You need a 21 foot boat at least to help smooth out a ride in open bay choppy conditions as that length usually spans the wavecrests to keep from plowing bow first into the next wave, so you will not be going fast in those conditions in that boat. How does it remove water that gets into that open area around the console ? What if you get some big amidship waves pouring into that area ? Unless you take a liking to the boat and you can steal it, I would have to say that there are too many good salt water skiffs out there that you would have to consider as a better option. Ask Captain AQUA PIMP, he must have some good advice. I don't a long history of owning a boat. I'm just telling you what I learned before I purchased my first boat. Good luck !
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I found out it is made out of Florida and the maker "Lightning Power Boats" makes race boats but also this boat. Its called the "flatsmaster" and is fast as F*)(&. The guy had to prop it down because it was too fast, 70+mph damn..

"How does it get water out?" I will have to figure that out, good question.

Comment

The guy purchased the boat for 14K 9 months ago and realized he made a big mistake because he has kids and a wife.... not very safe for them. He is in the opposite predicament I am in. He wants to go offshore, boat too small... My boat is too big, not shallow enough to fish the bay's lakes and bayous.

It is def designed for fishing though... I think it has 4 livewells a plug for a trolling motor 8ft of storage on each side compartments etc.
          Attached Files

Comment

Go with Marshell one hell of boat!
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I'd hold out and wait for a better bay boat trade to come along.

Comment

Whats the difference between something like this and a poling skiff? I could just add a tower and they would look the same wouldnt they?

Im not set on this boat but just wonder your reasoning

Comment

Sfef84:

I doubt that skiff is what you want, but maybe it is. Slow down, think about where and what you fish for and typical conditions and leave emotions out of it. Fix a budget, make a list of what you want out of the boat (size, motor brand, used or new, etc.) and take your time and get what is right for YOU. Good luck.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

dont forget to put a spoiler on there before you open it up all the way
                    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Looks like one of the redfish tourney poling skiffs without the tower.
                      I think I would rather have something a little more versatile. I don't need (or want) to go over 45 on the water.
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice

Tough looking ride!. Would look even better with a poling plateform that looked like a spoiler. Definately take it for a ride before you buy, preferably in semi rough water to see how she rides and handles. Keep us posted
                        Fishwhisperer

Comment

That boat was on Craigslist starting not long after he bought it. It definatly looks mean. Trust me I like FAST, but I think that I would kill myself in something like that.
                          Gande' Member

Comment

70 MPH just means you'll have to push it another 200' off the sandbar

I don't know what I'd do if I got passed up by a boat doing 70+ when I'm doing a measly 25
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                              70 MPH just means you'll have to push it another 200' off the sandbar

I don't know what I'd do if I got passed up by a boat doing 70+ when I'm doing a measly 25

Enjoy the cold beverage of choice is what I would do! And maybe think of the cash that I will still have in pocket after the trip to the fuel dock.
                              Gande' Member

Comment

Working...
                              X