X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older Flats Cat help

Hey guys,

Im trying to not hijack my own threads so here's a new one

I found a gyu who is selling a 21' flatscat. The only thing is that is a 1992. Does anyone have any experience with an older flatscat. I hear the new ones are AWESOME but do not know if there is a difference in hull design, capabilities.

Thanks again.

Ask Kenny. He has a 18 I believe-I have never heard anything bad about a Flatscat. I have heard they take waves well and dry ride and great on flats. I've been on an old aluminum model (17') and it was dry and went over 4" of water over oyster reefs-dang cool boat.
    Last edited by Robalo; October 2, 2009, 10:22 AM.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Go to the Falts Cat web site and get the contact information and give the builders a call. That should answer all of your questions. I would sure like to have a 21' Flats Cat.
      Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

I checked out the patent number he has on USPTO.gov website and found that the patent was filed in 1988. That being said, I assume the hull design itself has been the same. I read somewhere that he protects that patent like a baby and thus, there are not copies of the hull. The article also said that if someone does infringe, he sues your *** off... haha I don't blame him. Heres the link to the US Patent and Trademark Office flatscat hull

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...&RS=PN/4870919

Comment

flatscat made here in rosenberg. good guy and makes a great flats boat. give Bill a call. He will answer all your questions about them. 281-342-3940

Comment

Any 15+ year old boat could have some problems. I'd check the deck and transom for soft spots and the edges for cracks and dings. The right angle edges can take a beating. If you can, put it in a boat sling so you can check the bottom for any damage.
            Flatscats are built like a tank but they do use a wood composite.
            I'd be more concerned with the engine, wiring, steering and throttle cables, hoses and trailer.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

There ya go Sfef84: Kenny has answered ya. Great advice Kenny.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Very true. Thank you for the advice.

Comment

Working...
                X