Windy west bay!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy west bay!!

Went out today with my buddy from Odessa, man was it blowing. Didn't do much good since my boat doesnt like 13 mph easterly chop. Then I tore my cast net, then my trolling motor quit working. Ran down to SLP and it was a long wet, rough ride back to 2004. We did findd some birds and hooked up a few little trout, one decent trout that got off right at the boat. Other than all the probelms it was a great day on the water.

Matt
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Thanks for the report. How was the water looking in Chocolate near the ICW? I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow, hopefully this d@mn wind will lay

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Looks good, still a little dirty but a lot better than last Wednesday when I went out. Down near the pass it was super clear and blue/green.
      The birds where right near the mouth of Chocolate Bayou Channel and ICW. The birds didnt last long though. We had fun I just wish I could have put my friend on more fish.

I might try again tomorrow, we'll see.
      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

It was blowing hard here at the house.
        Bet it was really bad out in the middle of Chocolate.

Have you ever tried the area back behind Alligator Point?
        Its usually protected from an east wind.
        West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Yeah it was bad in chocolate, but worse in west bay, I made the mistake of going out there and I though it would be a better ride coming back, I was wrong. My Majek is a very rough and wet ride in heavy chop. The wind was killing us so we packed up. Everyone I talked to at the ramp didnt have any good catches to report.

Never fished directly behind alligator point, you ever do any good there?

Semper Fi!

Comment

Looks like more heavy winds out of the east tomorrow. I think I'm gonna stay in. Good luck to ya'll.

Semper Fi!

Comment

It was good to see you in my neck of the woods today. Next time we'll recognize each other and have a beer.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Went to Chocolate last Wednesday...hit Trinity Anahuac Pocket on Thursday. My advice for what it's worth....Go to Anahuac, there's much better bird action.
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I just got back from Galveston, it was blowing good...
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                  X