Assault Rifle opinions What to get.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault Rifle opinions What to get.

Please don't refer to me another website forum.

I am in the market to but an AR but like the availability for the 7.62x39 rounds and the cheaper price. I have a few models that I am looking into and can't make up my mind. Too many people out there have an AR-15.

The first 2 have a folding stock. The saiga, I would have to add it.

The reason I am buying one is because this is the Good ol' US of A.
    You never know if the zombies might attack!
    That and I made a pretty penny on some stocks this week. So the Gun is really costing me $200 out of pocket.

1: AMD 65 $649

2: Bulgarian AK 47 $740.00

3:Saiga 7.62x39 $439

If anyone has any of these or any AK I would greatly appreciate any comments about what you have. i have heard the bulgarian is a better quality. I am starting to be a hobby. I also like the Galil Sporter if the pric eis right but its .223 $649

ThanksAll
    NoBama

I have an AR 15 with a zero scope thats pretty pop gunnish. I just bought it to shoot @ herds of hogs when i catch them out in the fields riding around with a big clip. I wish I had bought the .308 AR.

Comment

The ak47 is the one there like rem870 throw them in the mud and they still work.
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

The AK's are rugged and reliable but can be anywhere from acceptable to lousy in accuracy. They're usually fine for <100yd shooting. Just don't expect cloverleaf sized groups.
        Scoping one is usually a waste of time.
        Yo pays yo money and yo takes yer chances.
        The Siaga is reputed to be a decent rifle but I think they use a special proprietary magazine. You have to modify them to accept a standard AK magazine.
        All AK's are pretty much the same quality wise.
        The Romainians are the crudest in fit and finish but the run like a scalded dog.

FWIW, think seriously about NOT getting a folding stock on your AK. The folding stocks are pretty flimsy. They bend out of whack if you look at them wrong. Cheek weld is impossible. A standard buttstock is WAY mo betta IMHO.
        The only advantage is storage.

AK's have crappy triggers in them. Just accept it and learn to use it.

AK iron sights are crude. Standard rear sight is only adjustable for elevation. Front sight must be zeroed for windage and elevation with a special tool on initial sight in. You can get around this somewhat by removing the rear sight and replacing it with a windage adjustable sight from an RPK LMG.

AK mags are plentiful and relatively inexpensive.
        Accessories like slings, tools, cleaning gear, etc are easily available.

Ammo - This is something I think most folks don't really consider when going with an 5.45 or 7.62 chambered AK. Right now you are pretty much restricted to using FOREIGN made ammo. If anti's ever get importation passed you are hosed. There is only one american company producing 7.62 ammo. And they are way expensive.
        So if you go 7.62, buy LOTS of spare ammo. Besides, with that AK you'll burn thru cases in short order!
        The 7.62x39 is ballisticlly identical to the .30-30 winchester.

AR style rifles will outshoot the snot out of any AK variant.
        You can get them in .223/5.56, .308/7.62, 6.5mm Grendel, 6.8SPC, .458SOCOM, .300Whisper, etc.
        You can even get them in 7.62x39 but magazines are more expensive than standard mags.
        West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Damm Moonpie..... are you one of those guys thats been to a training camp in Afghanistan? Or just one those weekend E. Texas survival camps in Jasper.

Comment

Thanks I have read your post 3 times and it is very informative. I did not consider the potential ammo availability in the future.
            NoBama

Comment

So, remington isnt making 7.62x39? B/c im pretty sure I have a few boxes...

Comment

No Moonpie attends the Koon Kreek Klub military training camp in Vernon Ph. LA.

I say get a Bushmaster .223. I like my sks-cheap and knocks crapola outta pigs-cost $99 when I bought it. Thanks to Obama-I think they are about $300 now. Best gun and ammo salesman stupid voters could elect. I just wish I bought lots of gun and ammo stocks last October.
                Last edited by Robalo; October 6, 2009, 12:21 PM.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thats silly Robalo, KKK training camp.
                  think I am going to save some more money and get a quality rifle instead of hoping to get a quality ak right now.
                  NoBama

Comment

It does exist-almost leased the land for oil. Pretty sure it's the paramilitary training camp for the "Klub".
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I got a Bulgarian AK from Republic Arms ,in town, last year for about $ 650. It's not as finely sanded and stained as a ChiCom, but I didn't get it for looks. I got an AK because it"s not as finicky as an AR- It'll shoot no matter what, which is what I want to depend on. I got my ammo from Able's ammo on line. Fiogi has an excellent reputation, I got 4,000 rounds. Also I have shot 1960's, 70's eastern block ammo with no problem. Russian Wolf ammo shoots dirtier. AR more accurate, AK more penetration. In Nam, guys were killed hiding behind small trees. Mines for self protection if mobs storm the street when the economy collapses. 100 yards is good. You can get 20-30 round magazines, clip them together and you got some fire power.
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Don't y'all be a dissin' me and da Braa-zor-rhee-hah County Malish-ha!

We'un's is gon fight fo our cuntree ever chance we gets.

Why I gots a gen-u-wine turdy turdy rifle my grandpap used to fight the Apaches in Florida wif in nineteenhunnert and fourty seven!

Them commies don't stand a chance.
                        West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Later today. I had to stop and abuse, er, lovingly treat some patients. I wasn't in Nam. Got drafted at the end of the war and ended up active Air Force Reserves for 8 years, hospital unit. Do go to other web sites to learn a lot; they have AK 47 clubs, sites, comparisions with AR'S , videos, etc. You can get a quick aquire scope for the AK for better and faster on target aquisition, good especially for old eyes with bi-focals like mine. The AR was designed around the American soldier as being a rifleman. The Commies designed theirs so that any uneducated peasant could fire and mantain the weapon-witness all the 9 year old kids in the third world toting an AK. The AK would have the selector switch full auto first, single shot second. The AR would have the selector switch single shot first, full auto second. The AK, primarily a machine gun, the AR a rifle. You are going to get a modified Eastern Block single shot only AK, unless you spend up to $20,000 for full auto and fill out all the fed's paper work. Reminton makes the 7.62 round, but as noted earlier, stock up . You don't know how things are going to go down. I love my AK and it does all that I want it to do. Hope this helps and I didn't blather on.
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Some more info on 7.62x39 ammo:

There is a ton of the stuff out there.

Brown Bear
                            Silver Bear
                            Wolf
                            Baikal
                            Golden Tiger
                            Ulyanovs
                            All are from Russia. Good stuff. Sooty when fired. Be sure to clean thoroughly when done shooting. Most of it is supposedly non-corrosive but don't bet on it.

Any of the older Chi-Com or Com-Bloc military stuff is going to be corrosive.
                            Not a big deal just clean your weapon thoroughly after firing.
                            There is lots of this stuff floating around so be careful.

Domestic producers are:
                            Winchester - I believe this ammo is actually produced in Czechoslovkia. Good stuff
                            Remington - go big green - good stuff
                            Hornady - uses russian made steel cases. good stuff
                            Federal - good stuff

Fiocchi - European made I think.

The USA made brass case stuff is usually boxer primed and thus reloadable. The steel case stuff and almost all of the foreign brass cased ammo is Berdan primed and a P.I.T.A. to reload. It can be done but its a real chore.

Grab up all you can afford now. It will only get more expensive.

Comment

Ok guys, one last opinion.
                              Check out this one

DPMS Panther LR-308 B
                              NoBama

Comment

Working...
                              X