Headin South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headin South

Well folks the time has come to begin the annual migration. The migration I speak of is from Alvin TX to just south of the Encinal Tx to the Callaghan Ranch. It is a MLD level III so we can start taking does and trash now. This will be my 6th year hunting there. Hope to be able to post many pics of the deer I see or take. Also hope to add to my Arrow Head collection. Maybe this year will be the year I take a "book" dear. I know I have let a few walk in the past. Last year I let a 172 class deer walk and he was taken 1 mile away made me sick but he was only 5 1/2 years old. I was pumped up just watching him on more than four occasions. So I made the right decision. Anyway I have to guide a SCI kids hunt first weekend in November and hope to video a first kill by one of them. I have three or four more guided trip do do and the rest is just free time. I will be making this migration almost ever weekend until the end of January. Fishing will be limited but I expect after this summer and catching the fishing "bug"I will find a few more weekends to fish with sneakypete,lurefisher,dbarham,2112,007,mikey,brack ,flatout,gilbert,coachlaw and all the great people I have met this summer on FWE. You guys are the best. My current goal in my out door life is to take a 150 class 8pt and a 9lb trout. I am half way there. After that it will be a 160 class and 10lb trout. You know the hunting is just a small part of it. It is the journey and all the stuff that goes on in between the hunt that really make a "deer" season. Kinda of like a surf trip its not the one "big wave" but the whole trip that you remember. God I hope I die in a deer stand or wade fishing. If that were to happen I know I would die happy. What a better way to go!!!!
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

I am also in the middle of the transition between deer hunting on land and still trying to get some good time on the water. It takes time/money to get this going. The toys always get bigger and better and more complicated to set up. Boy, it's getting harder to have fun anymore. Good luck Corndog! Hope you get your 160 class and 10lber.

Comment

arrowheads

Here are some of the arrow heads i have found with the Corndog!
      Attached Files
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
        Here are some of the arrow heads i have found with the Corndog!
        That was pretty good for one afternoon huh?
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Shoot yeh ,that oilfield shows about to come on black gold!
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
          X