Mirrolure Lil' Johns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirrolure Lil' Johns

I tried them out for the first time this week under the lights and the trout love them, I was using ball jig heads, is there a jig head out there that will give them better action and what colors have y'all found work best during the day?
    Son of the Republic

Captain Mary Poe from Lake Calsasiue taught me One think I will never forget. Always use the lightest jighead you can throw.
    Trust me....It works. I have fished with her 2 times.
    The lighter jighead jumps higher and falls slower. You will get 4 or 5 more bites.
    If you can work a 1/16, you won't regret it. That is her go to size.
    I was using a 1/4 ounce and she was kicking my Butt. Me being hardheaded ...... I was getting embarressed.
    As soon as I switched to the 1/16, I was getting as many hookups as her.
    That Lady knows how to catch fish.

Comment

I like using them. 1/8 oz, purple & also the copper colored one.

Comment

They catch fish . Color choice is determined like any soft plastic . Basically , light colors in clearer water , bright sky , dark colors in off color water , overcast sky . Presentation is most important , then size , then color .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

That sounds like a plan Ive been wantin to try them for awhile now!
          West Bay Sensai...

Comment

I'm partial to the bigger provokers. I like the plum color. Very good bait and I don't use anything heavier than a 1/8oz jig head. I like 1/16 and 1/8 in the hogie screwlock. Haven't had one let me down.

Comment

Re: Mirrolure Lil' Johns

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
              I'm partial to the bigger provokers. I like the plum color. Very good bait and I don't use anything heavier than a 1/8oz jig head. I like 1/16 and 1/8 in the hogie screwlock. Haven't had one let me down.
              You rang gibbey.you said you needed a bigger provoker.

sent from my taxpayer-funded sail phone and yes the government is tapped into my talk
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I aint caught a fish one on those crummy plastics
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Re: Mirrolure Lil' Johns

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                  I aint caught a fish one on those crummy plastics

sent from my taxpayer-funded sail phone and yes the government is tapped into my talk
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Captain Soule got me on the purple lil johns with 1/8 oz. screw lock jig head. I rarely use anything else. Best plastic on the market IMO.

Comment

they work better in the winter
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X